Mowing BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #1  

russalternate

Tractor
bx25d
I have a new BX25D and a new Land Pride rotary cutter.

As a newbie on tractors and attachments, I was trying to hook up the cutter to the BX25 but I think the driveline may be too long. As I bought both of these units a couple of weeks ago, I'm surprised the dealer didn't advise if this was the case.

1. If it is, do I have to cut the shaft from each piece? (the inner driveline piece and the outer driveline piece)?
2. How do I measure to determine how much to cut off?
3. Would buying the Land Pride quick attachment unit (QH05?) add a couple of inches to make the cutting unnecessary?

Thanks for any help as I'm stuck right now.

RA

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #2  
Check out this video:

The answer to #3 depends on the length of your drive shaft.

Steve

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248
Thanks for the info.

One thing though is that I have talked to a couple of tractor service places and they swear that if the total length from tractor point to implement point is say, 4" too long, then I should cut 2" off each shaft. Some YouTube videos say the same thing.
However, I think this video, and others on YouTube say you would have to cut 4" off each shaft.

As I don't want to screw up the gearbox or alternatively cut off too much, can anyone confirm the correct cut?

Thanks.

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #4  
I have a new BX25D and a new Land Pride rotary cutter.

As a newbie on tractors and attachments, I was trying to hook up the cutter to the BX25 but I think the driveline may be too long. As I bought both of these units a couple of weeks ago, I'm surprised the dealer didn't advise if this was the case.

1. If it is, do I have to cut the shaft from each piece? (the inner driveline piece and the outer driveline piece)?

WHY do you think the PTO shafts are too long? What are the symptoms of your problem?

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248
Too long right now to attach to both the rotary cutter end and to the tractor end.

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #6  
Try again. I do not understand.

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #7  
I've always wanted to say this lol, RTFM :)

http://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/lp/public/manuals/326-047m.pdf

I have the same tractor (NO quick hitch) and cutter and I had to cut about 2" off each section. Just follow the instructions, it didn't take long.

If you are thinking about getting a quick hitch go ahead and get it and then measure. I'm going to guess you won't have to do any cutting with the quick hitch installed.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy your BX25 as much as I do mine!!

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #8  
I've always wanted to say this lol, RTFM :) http://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/lp/public/manuals/326-047m.pdf I have the same tractor (NO quick hitch) and cutter and I had to cut about 2" off each section. Just follow the instructions, it didn't take long. If you are thinking about getting a quick hitch go ahead and get it and then measure. I'm going to guess you won't have to do any cutting with the quick hitch installed. Good luck, I hope you enjoy your BX25 as much as I do mine!!

That manual says minimum tractor HP should be 20, but the PTO HP on the BX25 is only 17.5.

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #9  
I have a BX25, Landpride RCR1248, and Landpride quick hitch. As for the HP, all works fine together. As for the length, in my case, the dealer cut everything for me. The main point is you want as much length as you can but you don't want to ram the shafts together when they are at their shortest length. The distance between the two halves will vary based on the height of the cutter to the tractor with the shortest distance being when they are parallel. Using the video as a model, the cutter is on the ground so the distance is a bit longer since they are not parallel. The 2" extra cutoff is the fudge factor for when you raise the cutter and it is parallel and thus, the two halves do not bang into each other.

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #10  
Yes, the manual recommends nothing larger than 42", but I spoke to my dealer before buying my LP1248 and it works great on either my BX2200 or BX2660. My dealer mounted my cutter, but as mentioned, there are several You Tube videos on this as well as manual references.

Good luck.