NEWBIE!!!

/ NEWBIE!!! #1  

PaulB

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B1700 HST
Newbie! Newbie! - well I never... Lets get this baby rolling boys
1) Mark - how about that synthetic vs petroleum thing, what do you think?
2) JimB in Michigan - my B1700 can kick @ss out of your TC18 - what do you think of that?
3) Bird - Much snow down your way this past winter? Fill me in on the details.
4) Wil - any helpful hints to other Grey owners out there - good parts suppliers, good service centers, etc, anything you can think of, just type away.
5) tractorrokie - now how did that deal go with your new 3710?

there, that should get us off the Newbie list P.D.Q.

/ NEWBIE!!! #2  
Well, hmm, magic! You're now a 'Journeyman', Paul!

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Administrator</font color=blue>

/ NEWBIE!!!
Now thats more like it. Knew I could count on you Muhammed.

/ NEWBIE!!! #4  
PaulB, I know you were already sold on synthetic oil, but I'll bet you didn't know it could do that!

/ NEWBIE!!! #5  
Snow? You're kiddin'. We had a couple of pretty heavy frosts.

Bird

/ NEWBIE!!! #6  
Paul,
I suppose this is one way to skin the cat, and it's not a bad idea...and since I respect you as a fellow tractor owner, I won't pick up the glove you threw at me. We could however have a virtual race, say an eighth mile drag...ready set go......................I win!! As per spec sheets my TC18 goes faster than your B1700 for that matter faster than the B2100 and the B2400!! Now I've got my log chain ready to hook up to you but let's save that competition for another post. Thanks for the laugh I got when I read your post! JimBinMI

/ NEWBIE!!! #7  
Re: NEWBIE Turned JOURNEYMAN??

Paul,
First, I privately e-mail Muhammed and ask to be upgraded from Newbie due to my contributions on the previous board and he obliges by moving me up to Member! Second, you complain publicly about Newbie and you go to JOURNEYMAN!?!?!? IS THIS A BLUE/ORANGE THING?? Third, you challenge me and my tractor...I respond with what I thought would bring about a swift and entertaining response from you and more than 24 hours later...nothing, not even from another Kubota owner and this is a KUBOTA dominated board!!
What's up..did your B1700 sputter when you told it about the post?? (I've been laughing, hope you are too!) JimBinMI

/ NEWBIE!!! #8  
Re: Journeyman title deserved!

Paul, Just so you know, I believe your "Journeyman" promotion was well deserved! I know that you posted a lot on the previous board and here already for that matter. NO, I'm not being nice because I want to borrow your Kubota! JimBinMI

/ NEWBIE!!!
Re: Journeyman title deserved!

Jim - I didn't respond to your first post because I didn't feel it was appropriate for a Journeyman such as myself to lower himself to talk to a Newbie (especially a Blue Newbie!), but now that we are ALMOST on level terms, I guess it is O.K. No complaints with your first post - your prettyboy tractor is faster than mine, and has more grunt...on paper. In the mud, that might be another story.

The ball is in your court,
/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifPaulB

/ NEWBIE!!! #10  
Bird,

Quiz, How can you tell when Dyer, retired is showing signs of cabin fever?

P.S. The rear deck under all the snow is now down to bare wood....hired the son of a friend and found out that 3 hours of hard work, snow blowing, and ice pounding with a maul will get a lot done. It was refreshing to have a kid work so hard and at the end of it, he thought $20.00 bucks was reasonable. I lectured him on the value of hard work and gave him significantly more than he asked. He'd get the snow out on to the ground and I'd move it from there with the BX 1800....pretty sure I had the better end of the deal!

There are construction companies shoveling roofs here now at $300 bucks an hour and we've had several Public building, mostly schools, have their roofs collapse after the last storm. Flat roofs in Maine, who'd have "thunk it?" Dyer, retired

Attachments

• RearDeckBear.jpg
    RearDeckBear.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 197