B6100 won't crank

/ B6100 won't crank #1  

TheGuyFromNJ

Tractor
1985 B6100
Tractor was idling while I was standing next to it, and it just turned off. And now won't even crank. Lights work, oil light works, glow plug indicator works... But not even a click when the key is turned. Trying to start with clutch disengaged, pto in neutral, diff pedal is disengaged. I did notice a small amount of coolant on the top of the radiator.

Is it possible it overheated a little, and there a over heat safety switch that needs to be reset in order to crank?

/ B6100 won't crank #2  
You may have clutch switch. Doubt if there is temperature switch.

Check all the coolant levels. The coolant overflow should be conected to a whistle which makes noise if overheating occurs.

It may be a dual cause problem. Restriction in the fuel flow like plugged filter or an electrical connection the is not making proper contact. There may be several fuses and an ??? Electrical in line protector.

You could also try a direct jump to the starter.

/ B6100 won't crank #3  
No coolant sensor on these but there is a clutch switch that will stop the starter from running. My concern is that it just stopped running on it's own. These things are all mechanical for fuel so nothing electrical would have made it shut off unless the dynamo locked up but I would think the belt would slip. I would pull the belt and check that everything up there spins as it should. I would also try turning the motor over by hand.

Does the oil pressure light dim when trying to engage the starter?

BTW, welcome to TBN.