M8540 A/C squeal

/ M8540 A/C squeal #1  

hawkeye_miner

Tractor
JD 4052R
Just finished a deal on a nice M8540 cab tractor. It is a 2010 with 526 hours on it. The only issue with it is the A/C belt squeals whenever the compressor clutch kicks in.
I got the dealer to knock money off the price to address the issue. I'm hoping that it just needs a new/tightened belt since it still cools. Anyone out there that had a similar issue?
They are delivering it to me tomorrow, and I will check the belt out first.

Thanks

/ M8540 A/C squeal #2  
Welcome to TBN
I agree changing AC belt would be 1st thing to do & if squeal persists I would check both high & low AC pressures.

/ M8540 A/C squeal #4  
AC belts need to be in really good shape and kept tight or they will slip because of the high load on them.

/ M8540 A/C squeal #5  
Yep, we just tightened the belt on ours to stop the squealing.

/ M8540 A/C squeal
Got the tractor home last night and tightened the belt: problem solved! The AC works great, which was nice yesterday because it was 95 here.
I'm glad the AC was making noise because it gave me a bit of leverage in my price negotiation.
This is my first Kubota tractor, I upgraded from a JD 5075M ROPS machine.

/ M8540 A/C squeal #8  
Thanks for update. Cabs are nice. I was giving a new to me tractor driver operating instructions. He started tractor and moved it around with cab door open. I stopped him and instructed him to ALWAYS CLOSE cab door before letting out on clutch pedal when trans was in gear. Broken cab doors are high $$$$$

/ M8540 A/C squeal
ALWAYS CLOSE cab door before letting out on clutch pedal when trans was in gear. Broken cab doors are high $$$$$
10-4 on that. This tractor is so nice I really don't want to get it dirty.