Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big?

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big? #1  

89vette

Tractor
Kubota L4600
I know it's a silly question to start out. I currently have an L4600 with a loader. I mow with a 6' land pride RCR1872. I'd like to get a tractor with a cab and AC and more HP to mow with a 12' batwing. I'm tired of mowing 6' at a time and baking in the sun. I like the M7060 but the next size up has a lot more to offer. 90hp engine vs 70, bigger cab, buddy seat, heavier, better trans, etc. however I'm wondering if its way overkill for a 12' mower. I do have some hills on my land. The L4600 handles the 6' no sweat. Also like the HST for mowing and is nice on hills. I guess there is no perfect tractor out there. So to sum this up I want a cab, AC and ability to easily handle a 12' mower. M5? M7060? L60 Grand?

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big? #2  
The only thing you said that makes any sense to me is: ... Get a Cab, Nothing beats the Clean of an Air Conditioned cab... KennyV

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big? #3  
I haven't bought yet but I have your exact same desires.. After talking to my kubota dealer who is a really good friend he has me convinced I need the 7060.. He said it would be easier to transport, it's got the older tier engine (no def fluid needed), and plenty of horse power.. The difference in cost was $8-10k more for the M5-091, and the reason I liked it was because it had a seat for my kids but can't justify $10k for them a seat ��

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big? #4  
In regards to DEF, I wouldn't own anything tier 4 that didn't have it. I've had several pickups and the DEF equipped ones are much better. Less regens, better economy, turbos hold up better. I suspect tractors are the same way.

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big? #5  
I just traded my 7060 in for 7060 with a cab. I have plenty of power running 12ft batwing.

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big? #6  
I would try and make the open station work and get some kind of canopy for it. While ac and heat are nice in a cab, you do have to deal with a greenhouse effect if you aren't running the ac on any day over 50 degrees f. Plus you are more in tune with your surroundings and less likely to hit an object or run somebody over.

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big? #7  
I was going through a similar dilemma a couple years ago, regarding getting rid of my compact for a full size utility, mainly for more power and a cab with buddy seat.
I ended up not buying a new tractor and sticking with my little L series Kubota with no cab.

There isnt a single time I get on my tractor and don't wish that I had just bit the bullet at the time.

If you are in a position to be able to buy one now, don't wait too long! Just buy the larger tractor and have years of enjoyment ahead. If your anything like me, you'll wish you did when you could!

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big? #8  
I was shopping for 60 PTO hp tractors and wound up going up in HP and bought a used 2010 M8540 cab tractor with loader. I think this is a great size tractor for me and it has a bunch of power. You could take a look at those.
Mine has 526 hours and I got it for $36k. Only emissions is the EGR.

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big?
The only thing you said that makes any sense to me is: ... Get a Cab, Nothing beats the Clean of an Air Conditioned cab... KennyV

Yes that is priority one! Thanks everyone for the responses. I think between the 7060 and the M5 it is going to come down to the buddy seat for my grandson and future grandchildren. I'll probably go the M5 route, weight the front and leave the loader off until it's needed. I'll keep the forum posted.

/ Want a bigger tractor. M5-091 too big?
Thanks!