Oil & Fuel UDT and Supa UDT viscosity ?

/ UDT and Supa UDT viscosity ? #1  

bruere

Tractor
Kubota BX25, Husqvarna LTH 2142DR ride
I am Australian BX 25 owner since 2012 . Joined tractor by net but have only posted a couple of times . Been quiet due to family tragedy . Whilst looking up "Penrite Oils " ( our Australian made oil company , noticed there trans/hyd fluid specifically X ref as a replacement 4 UDT or SUDT !! Further more they list detailed spec. Of there oil . From this one can deduce that these oils r multi viscosity . 10w30 / and 80w/90 . I believe this is why the oil can b used in trans / hyd and in front axle as gear oil . Look up Penrite Oils in Aust to see .

/ UDT and Supa UDT viscosity ?
Must correct the viscosity of Penrite Tractor Transmission and Hydraulic oil . It is 10w-30 / 75w80 . The Web address for anyone interested is Penrite Oil . I reckon I will use this oil at 400 hr change . I like to run the same oil in front axle as it seldom gets warm . The thinner viscosity works 4 me .

/ UDT and Supa UDT viscosity ? #3  
I have no idea if this MIGHT pertain to your BX25, but other Kubota owners have noted a tendency for leaks when the recommended hydraulic oil is used instead of gear oil in front axles. No big deal, if you get a leak, just replace it with gear oil, I guess.

Hi Varment . In reply to ur post , after 260 hrs have not had any oil leaks from trans ,hydraulics ,engine or front axle . We can only buy UDT here in Aus . From Kubota dealer . That's why i intend to change to Penrite . I service this tractor myself . I change engine oil every 50 hrs . It stays clean continually . As its only 3.1 litres the extra cost is not much . I just like seeing clean oil . Running Kubota eng oil which is supplied by valvoline here as well . Thnx 4 ur interest Varment .

/ UDT and Supa UDT viscosity ? #5  
Hey Bruere... since I don't waste time watching tee vee, I can waste time here... You know that many other Kubota users have observed that HST whine went down when they switched from UDT to Super UDT 2. Performance is usually perceived as better, too. Perhaps cooler weather makes for a difference? Just passing along info I have read (more than once) here. Any synthetic hydraulic oil maker should be able to equal whatever secret brew Kubota is selling, if they try? Never heard of Penrite, which is no surprise, considering it's Aussie!

Hi Varmint . Sorry delay in replying been flat out like a flat lizard drinkin! Working . Thnx 4 ur info and advice . So far no leaks anywhere on my BX25 . Have just done 200 hr service . Only small amount of wine from trans mostly in high range . Our climate in Aus is temperate but we do get 0 deg often in winter and quite a few days over 42 deg in summer . To sus out oils I get a wine glass put some oil in it and roll the glass around to spread oil evenly around the interior of the glass . I monitor this over a day or so to watch the stick ability and note the eveness Of the oil clinging to side of glass . U will b surprised at the differences between oils (good quality and lower quality . It seems in extreme cold such as sub zero temps that u have in parts of U.S.A. Oil choice is much more critical .

/ UDT and Supa UDT viscosity ? #7  
I can't comment on the viscosity of UDT vrs. SUDT, but I can tell you that I had my transmission serviced about 6 weeks ago by dealer, and it was refilled with SUDT. The whine I had before is now gone. I don't know what the difference is but it's noticeable.

Gidday Toyboy .yes SUDT seems to have a special additive or viscosity . Mmm . Fascinating . Well I think I will try this Penrite coz that's all they do . Make and sell oil . Incidentally Penrite the name came about as they used Pennsylvania Base oil and always used rite additives . Hence Penrite . Been going since 1926 . They over spec there oil . Any way I will report any results here at TBN . I believe they export oil too .

/ UDT and Supa UDT viscosity ? #9  
Let us know how that works out for you.;)

/ UDT and Supa UDT viscosity ? #10  
I can tell you UDT is terrible compared to SUDT2. My wife made a $450 mistake letting dealer talk her into buying UDT for the L3940. Come Winter it was jerky as ****, really didn't want to go in 15˚ F. weather. Changed out to SUDT2 this year and she's smooth once again. Get something that close too SUDT2.