Mowing BX Deck Wash

/ BX Deck Wash #1  

gatecolcat

Has anyone put a deck wash system on Kubota BX mower decks?

/ BX Deck Wash #2  
no offense but why? almost all mowers i seen with wash system and people use have crud caked in really good from water and grass in certain areas on deck. it depends on the shape of baffles. at first it works great, then after awhile its starts to build up and it worse then never use the wash system. then u have the huge wet cruds to clean up afterwards. uggh . not the way i want to mow.

/ BX Deck Wash #3  
I put one on a BX I used to have,I think it was a 54 inch fine cut deck.It worked alright but it did make quite a mess.I didn't bother putting one on my Gr2120.I just scrape out the deck when I do my maintenance,about every 10 hours of use.

/ BX Deck Wash #4  
The only way to keep all the wet grass and dirt from building up is to use a pressure washer.Makes a huge mess so I just quite doing it.Now,I only clean by scraping the underside before installing the mulch baffle late summer.After last mowing remove the baffle/blades,scrape and brush off everything that's loose and lather the underside with an old brush and used motor oil.The decks are thick steel and likely never rust through with minimum maintainence.

/ BX Deck Wash #5  
I have a Toro mower that came with a deck wash hook up. I used it once, what a mess it made, piles of green sludge to scoop up. After using it, I put the mower in the garage and in a few days it stunk of rotting grass. Made all the cars stink, too. Never again.

/ BX Deck Wash #6  
I switched to gator mulching blades which significantly reduced the buildup of grass under the mmm, cleaned the deck at the end of the season, very little buildup.