TSC Kubota Orange, close match?

/ TSC Kubota Orange, close match? #1  

uhmgawa

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L48TLB
Just curious if anyone has experience with the above.
Don't have a TSC in my area but will be traveling to
an area where TSC has several stores. If the match is
reasonable the price makes it an attractive option
compared to that available from the dealer.

/ TSC Kubota Orange, close match? #2  
The match is as good as the paint from Kubota. Both are a bit light to me so you can see any touch up real easy.

/ TSC Kubota Orange, close match? #3  
i think the paint is a little off my chain holder was painted with kubota orange i bought at tsc u can tell the diffrence

Attachments

• 407936-chain2.jpg
    407936-chain2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 302
   / TSC Kubota Orange, close match? #4  
Bought Dupli-Color Chevrolet Orange Engine Paint (Spray) at Wally-World , a little over 3 bucks.......saw it mentioned in an earlier thread. IT WAS A PERFECT MATCH!!!!

/ TSC Kubota Orange, close match?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i think the paint is a little off my chain holder was painted with kubota orange i bought at tsc u can tell the diffrence )</font>

Hmm.. I wonder if it is actually the older Kubota Orange rather than the
newer orange-red hue.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bought Dupli-Color Chevrolet Orange Engine Paint (Spray) at Wally-World , a little over 3 bucks.......saw it mentioned in an earlier thread. IT WAS A PERFECT MATCH!!!! )</font>

I think I've heard that before but nothing so definitive. Was this match with
the newer or older (early 1990's and back) color?

/ TSC Kubota Orange, close match? #7  
I used Allis Chalmer ORange from TSC, and it matched my BX perfectly. You can't tell where I've touched it up. My canopy was painted with it...check it out on my home page...
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bought Dupli-Color Chevrolet Orange Engine Paint (Spray) at Wally-World , a little over 3 bucks.......saw it mentioned in an earlier thread. IT WAS A PERFECT MATCH!!!!)</font>

I think it as close a match as possible considering there is UV
fading with which to contend. Kubota Orange II for ~$3 a pop
at Walmart. Who'd a thunk it?

BTW the Rustoleum color codes for both the above and (a close)
ROPS grey are #7458 and #7784 respectively. The local HD
should be able to mix them up.

/ TSC Kubota Orange, close match? #9  
I bought a spray can of Buff (color) primer from TSC and some Kubota Orange and gave them a test on some scrap material. I put down a coat of the primer (looks similar to the yellow primer used by Kubota), then followed up with a coat of the orange. The Orange was noticably lighter than the color on my BX23. I went back and bought a spray can of Allis Chalmers Orange and repeated the test. Looks to me to be a very good match.

I have had at least one experience in which the color of the primer seems to have a definite influence on the color of the top coat. I was trying to preserve some old, rusty implements, so after cleaning them up as best as I could (within the limits of how much work I was willing to do!) I primed them with a dark red (almost brown) rust-inhibiting primer, then followed up with what was supposed to be "Tractor Red," which I hoped would not be too far from Ford Red. Over the primer the red came out dark orange (but not Kubota Orange, either! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif ).

/ TSC Kubota Orange, close match? #10  
The primer will not effect the color of the top coat if the top coat is sufficiently thick. I can remember when all we used was red primer and we painted white over the primer. The primer that Kubota uses is a self etching primer sealer that doesn't require any sanding before top coating. I wouldn't doubt that it is a water based primer also that is applied after the bare metal has gone through a acid bath and neutralizer in an assembly line fashion. To me, it also appears that the finish is a baked enamel topcoat.