BX2360 Bucket Curl Noise

/ BX2360 Bucket Curl Noise #1  
Tractor
Kubota BX25
First off - let me say I currently own a BX24 and am used to how that runs / sounds and am using that as a comparison. I have also driven / used large tractors in a farm setting for field work etc.

I looked at buying a used BX2360 today. Unit has 125 hours on it. Broken HST fan wasn't too surprising, Tie rod covers split is pretty normal, Slow leaking tire, banged up hood from dumping loader contents on it, etc.

The one thing that concerned me is that after about 15 minutes of running the curl functions on the bucket would cause a loud squeal / harsh sound from the HST area under the seat. It would happen as the bucket hit either the limit in either direction travel movement. I also noticed that the curl of the bucket would not budge the tractors front end off the ground at all. I am comparing that to the BX24 where bucket curl at higher revs can lift the front of the tractor some. I know the BX24 is more balanced by the backhoe with weight distribution, so wondering if a BX2360 with FEL not being able to lift front end with bucket curl is normal. The sound of the Loader lifting up and hitting the upper limits was the same as my BX24 - slight groaning noise as the pressure reliefs opened up. The 3 point was also the same sound as my BX24 at the upper limits of lift as far as the groaning noise. The noise from the bucket curling both going up and down when it hit limits or tried to raise the tractor was loud enough that the average person would be turning to look at what was wrong.

So...is that loud noise purely some issue with pressure reliefs opening up and not major? Or could it indicate something more majo / expensiver? No idea how long this tractor has been operated with the HST fan broken. They appeared to have no idea it was broken and used it mostly for brush clearing. :rolleyes:

Just was glad to find that the parking brake works perfect on it! :laughing: And no knock my head back on stopping in reverse like the BX24. :thumbsup:

Feedback would be appreciated.

/ BX2360 Bucket Curl Noise #2  
I have a BX2360 that I bought new in 2012. It has about 85 hours on it now. My FEL will lift the front wheels off the ground when curling the bucket. It will lift it using the up and down function. My FEL makes the same noise when curling or going up and down. It seems strange that the one you are looking at makes more noise when curling the bucket. As you know all the functions are run from the same pump.

/ BX2360 Bucket Curl Noise #3  
Just a WAG here:

What about (possibly) bent FEL arms, and/or bent cylinder rams?

I'm just wondering if the bucket is binding, mechanically, in the manner you describe, causing the hydro to labor unnaturally (which still doesn't really make sense, I guess, as there are bypass valves).

However, to rule out the possibility of a bent FEL and/or loader frame (which is a good idea, generally): you could try parking the tractor on a known-level pad of concrete, and eyeballing the alignment of the bucket with the ground, the tractor, etc..., to attempt to identify any bent components.

Good luck.