Towing a Broken B2920 HST

/ Towing a Broken B2920 HST #1  

Howard92

Bronze Member
Tractor
B2920 Kubota, GT275 Deere
Hasn't happened yet, but I use my tractor way back in the woods and sooner or later I know I'm going to break something I can't easily fix. Can I put the tranny in neutral and tow it back to civilization with a tow strap behind my jeep without tearing something up? It would get towed about 2 miles. I know some vehicles can be safely towed and some can't because it will burn up a bearing or something.

Thanks for any help,
Howard

/ Towing a Broken B2920 HST #2  
If the shift lever is in neutral and the 4wd selector is in 2wd you should be able to tow it with no problems. Towing it with a Jeep?? Well ..... maybe?

/ Towing a Broken B2920 HST #3  
As said, in neutral and 2wd, also keep the speeds below the max speed of the tractor at least.

/ Towing a Broken B2920 HST
Thanks. Yes, it would be slow, walking speed because it is rough getting in and out.

I just didn't want to break something or burn something up due to ignorance.

I had a rock, limb, timber rattler or something come up from the ground and bust the plastic fuel bowl on the filter assembly a couple of months ago. I left it up there overnight and returned the next day with a new fuel bowl and drove it out. I might not be so lucky next time.