Locking Rear Differential on BX2670?

/ Locking Rear Differential on BX2670? #1  

ralphtt

Tractor
John Deere 2038R
Does the Kubota BX2670 have a locking rear differential?

/ Locking Rear Differential on BX2670? #2  
yes there is. its right next to the mow height dail. you can see the lever clearly in the bx70 series brochure online. i see it fails to mention it has a diff lock anywhere though. I love using my bx diff lock when needed

/ Locking Rear Differential on BX2670?
Yep, found it. But not where I expected. :)

Really appreciate the prompt answer . . .

/ Locking Rear Differential on BX2670? #4  
Yes, very handy to slip your heel back on it. Becomes old hat quickly working on slopes.

/ Locking Rear Differential on BX2670? #5  
My wife thought she was stuck crossing a ditch at an angle. Wanted me to push... no way! I put her foot on that little pedal, and told her to back up, yer not stuck. Her eyes got real big... but wasn't stuck anymore!

/ Locking Rear Differential on BX2670? #7  
Jiust do not engage while the wheels are spinning!! David
Really? I think I do it often when spinning going up a hill. It takes a second to engage but I don't feel any grinding or mashing.

Jiust do not engage while the wheels are spinning!!

David

David, I believe the Kubota owner's manual for my BX2670 makes the same statement . . . but I still wonder why?

Can you offer some explanation?
Thanks!

/ Locking Rear Differential on BX2670? #9  
If one wheel is spinning on the BXs while the opposite wheel is stopped the pin and the housing it resides in has been known to break and the pieces have also been known to jam between the differential gear set and the outer housing, usually knocking a hole in it or cracking the housing with large repair costs.

If you use the differential lock, bring all motion to a stop, press lock and while holding lock down operate hydro pedal and rotate the wheel slowly until you feel the locking lever to drop slightly and then continue with it depressed until you are unstuck.

Post 21 and 27 has the details.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-3.html?highlight=bx+differential+lock+broken

David

David,
Thanks for the tip and the info about differential lock hazards. Never had any idea the transmission could self-destruct in that manner.

I'll pay really close attention before engaging the differential lock!

Thanks!