bx underarmour or broTek question

/ bx underarmour or broTek question #1  

Tractorrr

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx 2370-1
Can either the Bxpanded underarmour or BroTek skid plates be left on permanently while using the MMM on a Bx? Would be nice to just be able to put it on there and not have to bother with putting it on or off when taking the MMM on and off.

/ bx underarmour or broTek question #2  
The BroTek is left in place, though there is a trap door to cover the mid pto that requires a 1/2" wrench. Taking it off requires taking out 2 self tapped screws up top and 2 heavy bolts from the drawbar area.

The BXpanded guard fits on the mower lift arms, so obviously has to come off. But it also only uses the lift pins that hold your mower up, so it comes off in about 15 seconds, if you walk slowly around the tractor.

Both great products. For me, it was BroTek because my tractor is an older model that BXpanded didn't support.

/ bx underarmour or broTek question #3  
I've got the Bro-Tek on my BX23 and the BXpanded Under Armor on my BX2660. RaydaKub is right about the removal process for both of them. The BXpanded is super easy, and the Bro-Tek is more challenging.

Having installed and used both of them, I'd take the BXpanded every time. It's a 10 minute job to install and a 30 second job to remove even if you're clueless like I usually am.

/ bx underarmour or broTek question #4  
The HST fan on my BX2200 was broken with the MMM on, so I went with Bro-tek Nothing wrong with BXpanded, my preference for my uses is Bro-tek.

/ bx underarmour or broTek question
[ It's a 10 minute job to install and a 30 second job to remove even if you're clueless like I usually am.[/QUOTE]

After the initial install of 10 minutes and then you take it off, is it a 30 second job to reinstall the bxpanded? Or is it 10 minutes to install it every time?

/ bx underarmour or broTek question #6  
It's probably a one minute job, and that's being conservative. Really easy.

If you have doubts, call BXpanded and talk to Harry. He's a great guy and very helpful.