After 15 Years, my BX is gone

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #1  

r0GuE

Veteran Member
Tractor
ex-Bota Owner
Arguably I overbought, it's true. I could have gotten by with a TG or something of the like. But on advice of some tractorheads on TBN, I bought the BX2200 with the 60 inch deck and a FEL. I don't regret that decision one bit!!! I enjoyed it for a number of years and eventually swapped the FEL for a rear bagger. It served me wonderfully up until this day. Today I sold it. I bought a property with no grass. Just woods, on a slope. No need for anything but leaf blowers.

It hurt bad to let it go. So many memories. Tractor rides with all of my kids when they were small. Tackling my first 50 hour service. Debating oils! lol Great great memories.

80% value retention over a decade and a half is in my opinion nothing short of exceptional. I'll grant you I cared for it, and it was low hours.

I wanted to post to thank all those who made this forum possible. I wanted to thank those who helped me along the way. I hope I helped a few folks too. This was the first forum I'd ever joined. Anybody on here today from back in 2000? The only names I recall were Bird and Trescrows. But there were many more great folks whose names have escaped me.

kgHdJG.jpg

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #2  
nice tractor mine is a 2005 bx1830 with 570hr just use it for snow and still in good shape when you take care of your tractor it will last you for ever

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #3  
Three cheers for rOGuE. My sentiments as well.....except I still have a B2620 (former BX owner) and will need it as long as I can mount up.:thumbsup:

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #4  
Only go back to 2004...

I bought my first and subsequent Kubotas because of this forum... also the first for me.

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #5  
2001 for me. Just traded my BX2200 in late June for a B2650. It was a very capable machine for its size.

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #6  
In March 2002 I did the same as you did and listen to a bunch of folks here and purchased my BX2200. It served me well I also sold mine in July 2015 with about 750 hours on it and went from the country to the city. We retired and downsized and moved from NJ to PA to where they do not tax your pension! I sure do miss my BX BUT with a 41' by 132' lot it was not practical to keep it. I had all the toys to go with it as noted below in my signature. Was a true work horse I went from a 42" mmm lawn tractor that took me 3 hours to cut my 2 acres to a 60" mmm which cut my mowing time to 1 hour. It now takes me 30 minutes with a 22" push mower to cut my grass, man I sure do miss the Kubota.

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #7  
My 2003 BX2200 leaves today. Along with it goes the 60" mower deck, the 48" bush hog, and a couple little other attachments. It has been a great little machine, but I need more power and ability now. I do think I am going to miss it, as it fits in small places and is so comfortable to me.

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #8  
I bought my first "Tractor" about 13 years ago. A BX2200 FEL MMM thinking I was buying a life time mower with high priced wheelbarrow on the front. It did so much for a "mower" that I decided it was a tractor and needed a bit more power and more ground clearance since I'd moved from just mowing to also tractoring. After one year I traded for a B7800 FEL and bought a BX1500 MMM for mowing. Well, it's about 13 years later and about 20 Kubota purchases later and I'm still "tractoring" and mowing with Kubota Fs and Kubota Zero turns.
I started on a different tractor forum and drifted over here one day and stayed. Guess that's been a few years ago now. I'll never forget my first "tractor" a BX2200 FEL MMM! :thumbsup::D:cool2:

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone
I do remember you NY_Yankees_Fan! Great to see you still on here even after losing the BX. Maybe I'll stick around too. In fact, I am on another forum daily that I really am not high into the primary subject of. I just visit the general forum there. It's just great to be friends with such a broad swath of people and so helpful with the various expertise.

Thanks to all of you for the kind replies!

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #10  
The very thought of moving into town with a small lawn and neighbors sends chills up my spine let alone getting rid of a tractor.:eek:

Enjoy your new digs though and hang around just to help others and spend some time with friends. Several including Bird transitioned into town and still hang around.