Undercarriage protection for m7040

/ Undercarriage protection for m7040 #1  

carlhwv

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HDC
I've seen various examples of skid protection other members have fabricated but I don't have those skills. If there is anyone out there that can make me what I need for a m7040 drop me a line. Ripped a filter off today in the woods me need a solution.

/ Undercarriage protection for m7040 #2  
You still in Frederick or Tn? There's a good welding shop on 355, but it's cost ya!

/ Undercarriage protection for m7040 #3  
Boy, the M7040 sits pretty high already.

Not doubting what you experienced. I've gone over limbs and had them jut up into the undercarriage but, fortunately, no damage done.

If you can't fabricate a bit of expanded metal and wire it on then you'll have to just be a lot more careful.

/ Undercarriage protection for m7040
You still in Frederick or Tn? There's a good welding shop on 355, but it's cost ya!

Whistling Dixie in TN. I will make something of a temporary shield but I'm hoping one of the fabrication gurus can get a pattern and do some real production grade work....and yes I know it will cost me but so does having the machine down ..... And we haven't even started the had work yet. IMG_0274.JPG

Last edited:
   / Undercarriage protection for m7040 #5  
Clark Welding & Fab out on Rt. 355. (on the left heading south) If you could do some of the measuring (shapes/holes) & make a cardboard template…..
Those 2 filters on the trans and some of the hoses at the loader valve are the first things to protect.

/ Undercarriage protection for m7040
ovrszd might be able to provide some tips, he made one for his M9540. I paid him to build one for mine, but I am sure the dimensions are different.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-m9540-belly-skid-plate-brush.html?highlight=

Yup..that's what I'm looking for....definitely could do a cardboard pattern. That is one sweet looking piece of work. Don't know many folks down this way yet...outside of Knoxville....but will look up the boys on 355 when I'm back in Fredneck and see what they would need to do the job.

/ Undercarriage protection for m7040 #8  
Yup..that's what I'm looking for....definitely could do a cardboard pattern. That is one sweet looking piece of work. Don't know many folks down this way yet...outside of Knoxville....but will look up the boys on 355 when I'm back in Fredneck and see what they would need to do the job.

I believe Richard has a list of nuts, bolts etc. needed to install as well as installation instructions, he sent one for mine, that is if you duplicate his design.

If you haven't read Eric the Oracle's thread on his NX modification, you might check it out for other ideas on modifications.