Loader BX25D Loader Leaks down when running..

/ BX25D Loader Leaks down when running.. #1  

Jmtodd

Tractor
None
Have a BX25D with about 400 hours.. Just recently the loader started leaking down when the engine is running.. Kill the engine and everything holds as well as can be expected.. Any ideas on where to start looking?

/ BX25D Loader Leaks down when running.. #2  
If you are referring to the loader leaking down, it is an open center power beyond valve, the engine running/not running has nothing to do with the hydraulic system... only time the hyd pump is in the picture is when the control valve is moved from center. KennyV

/ BX25D Loader Leaks down when running.. #3  
If it stops leaking down ONLY when the engine is on, it sounds like it has to be an issue with the valve body. Are any of the control lever linkages sticking?

/ BX25D Loader Leaks down when running..
All linkages and center springs appear to be fine.. It stops leaking down when the engine if OFF.. Engine on, leaks down.

/ BX25D Loader Leaks down when running.. #5  
Agree, engine running or not should have nothing to do with loader leaking down.

Assuming we are talking about the loader lift and not the curl, and nothing is leaking externally, the only thing it can be is the valve. But spool valves always have some leakage by the spool. There should be an acceptable amount as per the MFG. Usually equates to somewhere in the ballpark of the loader drifting ~1-2ft per hour. Less than that and it would probably be in the "acceptable" range. More than that....valve is worn out.

/ BX25D Loader Leaks down when running..
Guys I'm certainly not interested in challenging what I know is a much superior experience and knowledge level, none the less what I am reporting, I am observing.. Is it possible the engine vibration is aggravating a worn valve causing to leak significantly faster when running?

/ BX25D Loader Leaks down when running.. #7  
Yes engine vibration could be causing something to move. Is the BX25 built like my BX1850 was with the valve down by the floor boards in front of your feet? I recall reading a couple of reports about some people having the linkage loosen causing erractic operation. Have you pulled the cover off below the dash and looked in this area?

Probably doesn't take 1/32 of an inch movement of the valve spool to allow the loader to drift.