Dolly for Backhoe?

/ Dolly for Backhoe? #21  
I used some HFT Dollies and 2 x 4's

4.jpg

7.jpg

/ Dolly for Backhoe? #22  
Nice improvise... but those little diameter casters I think would give me fits. Need pretty smooth surface with no pebbles. My dolly casters are 5in diameter and function very well... I think that is a key design parameter if you build one.

I agree...the larger diameter wheels will make it easier to move on rougher surfaces. As I mentioned I had these hanging around, and being on a smooth surface, the unit can be moved easily.

/ Dolly for Backhoe? #23  
Just watch your garage door height...that's what put the stop to my storing inside on a dolly.
My backhoe is a Deere 448. It weights about 1500 lbs, so any dolly would have to be pretty stout. The weight didn't slow me down...but the measurements of the garage door sure did!

/ Dolly for Backhoe? #24  
   / Dolly for Backhoe? #25  
Awe man, now I got to re-do mine and it's your fault! That's a great idea, never crossed my mind.
Garage isn't very big and that backhoe is about 7ft long sitting on the ground if I remember right. I have to add one wheel to help stabilize it a little more but it works better than I would have thought. I just used steel I had laying around around harbor freight casters.

/ Dolly for Backhoe? #26  
This is what I do with mine:
Backhoe Strap.jpg

To move it around, you could put it on one or more dollies.

/ Dolly for Backhoe? #27  
There is some great looking dollies here, I opted for Bxpanded since I dont have a welder. Mine is inside and on concrete so it made since. Easy to move around to clean up the shed. Since its off 95% of the time I decided to cover it up too. A $20 large motorcycle cover did the trick. This is an old pic and have secured the outriggers better.

image.jpeg

/ Dolly for Backhoe? #28  
I found a larger wood pallet that I could sit the woods 750 backhoe on, then just move it around with a pallet jack as I have a smooth cement floor in the garage. Couple of 2 x 4 blocks in the right place and it is stable. Cheap and easy!

/ Dolly for Backhoe? #29  
Hi folks,

Figured I'd revive the "Dolly for Backhoe" thread now that I'm getting a Woods BH75-1 for my Kubota L3901.

I see some dolly ideas for lighter backhoes (BH75-1 is 840 lb without the bucket), some dolly ideas that require welding (which I'm not equipped to do), and I see dangier_VA's idea with the pallet and jack (but pallet jacks aren't cheap). Has anyone out there built a dolly capable of holding a thousand pounds of backhoe+bucket and which does not require welding or the purchase of a pallet jack? I would be using this dolly exclusively in a barn with a smooth concrete floor. Thanks in advance!

/ Dolly for Backhoe? #30  
I believe my Backhoe attachment is over 1500 lb, I used HFT Dollies and 2 x 4's