Loader Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240

/ Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #1  

hbarski

Bronze Member
Tractor
3930 Ford/Newholland Mitsubishi MT2001D CASE 580 CK
I'm helping a friend with a WR Long 3rd function kit to power a root grapple. He has a 2012 L3240 with an Ansung loader. The schematic supplied with the Long kit doesn't show his plumbing layout. We need to identify the power beyond circuit and figure where to tap into it. Will the loader control valve be that point or is it somewhere else? Any help is appreciated.

/ Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #2  
The FEL gets power from the tractor's hydraulic block and has a power-beyond hose going back to the block to power the three-point hitch. Additional valve(s) (each with power-beyond) can be added into the PB line. The exhausts can just be tee'd together.

/ Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #3  
Yes, the PB comes off the loader valve, and usually goes to a manifold block under the right foot floorboard, where it is then directed to the 3PH control.

I say usually, because thats how kubota does it.....with an OEM loader. With an aftermarket loader.....I dont know.

You can either tap that PB at the loader valve, or at the manifold under the floorboard if it has one. Just be sure to plumb it back in after the 3rd function valve so the 3PH still works. No TEE's in the PB circuit.....everything has to be in series

/ Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #4  
...... No TEE's in the PB circuit.....everything has to be in series
Well, yes and no. If the added valve has PB, then that line would power whatever is next in the system. Each exhaust goes to the reservoir, whether tee'd into another, or by itself. If an added valve doesn't have PB, its exhaust side can be plumbed in series to power the next load. But this setup doesn't prevent interaction of functions used together. PB keeps functions separated.

In response to the original post, the L3240 doesn't have a separate "hydraulic block" for the loader like older models. Hydraulic supply is distributed at other points, depending on exact tractor model (trans type, cab, etc.) The tractor's owner manual should show where hydraulics get power.

EDIT - According to the Owner Manual link here all L3240's have a loader control valve on the side of the transmission whether or not a loader is supplied. The valve's work ports can be used for anybody's loader or could be used for something else. The hookup for a single pair of work ports matters - they say to only use the curl circuit ports (A and B). If using C and D (up-down) the pump can be damaged if the lever is inadvertently moved to the curl (left-right) function. It goes on to describe the optional rear auxiliary ports as "either-or" with the loader. There's an option triple-remote setup.... seems like an obstacle to DIY'ers.

Last edited:
   / Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #5  
Well, yes and no. If the added valve has PB, then that line would power whatever is next in the system. Each exhaust goes to the reservoir, whether tee'd into another, or by itself. If an added valve doesn't have PB, its exhaust side can be plumbed in series to power the next load. But this setup doesn't prevent interaction of functions used together. PB keeps functions separated.

In response to the original post, the L3240 owner's manual should show where auxiliary hydraulics can get power.

So whats the "no" part of what I said?

/ Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #6  
Only that everything needs to be in series. The exhaust side can be tee'd if the added valve has PB.

/ Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #7  
Exhaust is a common term in pneumatics.....not in hydraulics.

Hydraulic valves have 3 parts to them. An inlet (pressure port)......work sections (work ports), and outlet sections.

Outlet sections can have two types of ports, PB or tank. Not sure which of the latter you are referring to as exhaust.

Pressure ports are fed either by the pump, or by a PB port of a previous valve. And CANNOT be tee'd together on an OPEN circuit system. IE: must be in series

The tank ports ABSOLUTELY can be tied together. As can the work ports if you are operating multiple cylinders from the same function IE: pair of loader cylinders.

/ Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #8  
I agree it would be nice if terms were used the same way by everybody, but they're not.

As an example, on Cross BA valves, the PB port is normally plugged, but can be activated by adding a sleeve in the inlet port, not the outlet section.

Take care, Dick B

Last edited:
   / Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #9  
Please refer to EDITED Post #4 above - adding a hydraulic function to a L3240 is not simple like on older models. The owner manual doesn't say where hydraulic power can be had except the loader work ports or the factory remote(s) if equipped. Might need the WSM?

/ Help needed identifying Power Beyond circuit L3240 #10  
If it helps, on my B the loader has an external port for PB. It goes back to the 3pt. I can get a pic of you think it will help. Also, there it what appears to be a cover that actually is a manifold that routes from pump to fel valve. This could be replaced with a block with ports for in and out. LD1 I think posted a pic of it in one of his hydraulic threads.

Have you looked at LD1's diverter and rear remote threads? He does a great job explaining how it goes together and why.