Bx inner tie rod boots

/ Bx inner tie rod boots #1  

Tractorrr

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx 2370-1
Been researching getting a bx. Found that the inner tie rod boots may have a frequent issue of cracking. For bx owners is this a common occurrence? Is there anyone with a bx who has not had this be an issue? Are the new bx-1 models still having this issue?

I've watched some paul short videos and he shows a fix that you can buy a better boot from a seller on E-bay. Has anyone tried this fix?

Thanks

/ Bx inner tie rod boots #2  
Been researching getting a bx. Found that the inner tie rod boots may have a frequent issue of cracking. For bx owners is this a common occurrence? Is there anyone with a bx who has not had this be an issue? Are the new bx-1 models still having this issue?

I've watched some paul short videos and he shows a fix that you can buy a better boot from a seller on E-bay. Has anyone tried this fix?

Thanks
Even with no protection the joints dont develop play for at least a 1000hrs and insignificant until above 2000 with 0 maintenance on a tractor stored outside. I still have the originals at 2600+. Another subject might be a better candidate for worry.

/ Bx inner tie rod boots
That's good to know, thanks. So really the boots don't do too much then? If the boots crack, the steering should still be ok for 2000+ hours?

/ Bx inner tie rod boots #4  
We have had to replace the boots on both BXs and went with OEM, my next ones will be the heavier duty ones on eBay.

/ Bx inner tie rod boots #5  
That's good to know, thanks. So really the boots don't do too much then? If the boots crack, the steering should still be ok for 2000+ hours?
The boots, intact, keep the joints clean and then they will last even longer. But replacing the joints every 15 or 20 yrs is cheaper in money and time than renewing scraped boots.

/ Bx inner tie rod boots #6  
6.5 years and 500 hours - no issues with the boots. Was shed stored until about 15 months ago, now it stays under a carport when not being used. Storing outside would probably make a difference.

/ Bx inner tie rod boots #7  
Ours are cracked at 245 hrs/2 years old, stored inside. I asked the dealer for new ones earlier this month before the warranty expired.

/ Bx inner tie rod boots #8  
I have the eBay boots.

They have been good so far. I like how I can slide a needle attachment for the grease gun in there and add grease.