L3430 engine oil dipstick vs Specifications

/ L3430 engine oil dipstick vs Specifications #1  

WileyG

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM3000 Kubota L3430HSTC
Yesterday I changed the engine oil and filter in my newly acquired L3430HSTC and went by the oil capacity as listed in the owners manual....6 quarts. After starting and letting it idle for 10 minutes or so I pulled the dipstick and the level was about 1 quart too full. I started it again and ran it around a bit and after letting it sit for a while it still read 1 quart over full. So, I drained a quart out and after working it, pulling a disc on my dove field I checked it after shutdown and it's dead on the full mark. From now on I'll add 5 quarts and check after it runs for a little while.

So, my question is, is this a known anomaly vs the Spec chart in the owners manual?

/ L3430 engine oil dipstick vs Specifications #2  
I had a Case tractor that took exactly 1 quart less that the manual turned out it was an error in the manual when I inquired.

/ L3430 engine oil dipstick vs Specifications #3  
I had the same issue with my L3430HST. 5 quarts brought it to the full mark on the dipstick while my manual listed a 6 quart crankcase capacity. There was also an error with the transmission oil capacity. The manual listed 11 gals. but after a thorough draining with the FEL and 3 pt down, 9.5 gal. brought it to the full mark. Also, the front axle case capacity was listed in the manual as 6.9 quarts but 5.5 was all it would take. I just assumed the published specs were for another model.

/ L3430 engine oil dipstick vs Specifications #4  
Same with My L5030, I just went by the dipstick.

/ L3430 engine oil dipstick vs Specifications
I had the same issue with my L3430HST. 5 quarts brought it to the full mark on the dipstick while my manual listed a 6 quart crankcase capacity. There was also an error with the transmission oil capacity. The manual listed 11 gals. but after a thorough draining with the FEL and 3 pt down, 9.5 gal. brought it to the full mark. Also, the front axle case capacity was listed in the manual as 6.9 quarts but 5.5 was all it would take. I just assumed the published specs were for another model.

Thanks for this info. I'm going to write it in my manual for reference.

/ L3430 engine oil dipstick vs Specifications #6  
I've had these issues with all of my various kubotas. I think someone has a problem with metric conversions.

/ L3430 engine oil dipstick vs Specifications #7  
It's possible they are listing dry fill amounts, not uncommon.