Loader L series joystick FEL control

/ L series joystick FEL control #1  

RNeumann

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538
Anyone converted/moved the L series loader control from the loader to the fender? I assume the easiest way to do this would be to use a cable controlled joystick but beyond that I have found very little.

Thank you

/ L series joystick FEL control #2  
Okay, I am curious why you would want to do that, considering the potential hassles in a cable rigged setup. Or, extend the hoses, and move the valve to the fender??

/ L series joystick FEL control #3  
The joystick on L series with a cab is mounted on the fender so I would think that you could order that setup and just replace what you have.

/ L series joystick FEL control
Thx WileyG. Good point, I will call the dealer and inquire. As for the reason- I like a seat with armrests and moving the control to the fender would make things a little more ergonomic- arm on armrest controlling loader.

I should have been more clear- the Kubota is an L3301 and not offered with a cab. The dealer was no help. Anyone else ever done this?

/ L series joystick FEL control #6  
...Anyone else ever done this?
No but would be interested in what seat with arm rest you are going to use. Instead of moving the loader control, have you thought about extending the joystick? (and before you ask, I have not heard of that, either). would be an interesting project...

Extending the existing joystick wasn't something I want to do as the longer the lever the farther I have to move it. I found a few items from Prince Hydraulics that could work together but can find very little info so far.

/ L series joystick FEL control #8  
Is it strictly ergonomics why you want to relocate?

I have had an L3400, and now my MX both with loader valves in the same spot. Never noticed it being an issue. My Ford 5500 is by the fender. I dont notice any benefits to one over the other.

/ L series joystick FEL control #9  
While much of the 2,000 or so hours on my Kubotas was racked up mowing, there have been hundreds of hours of loader operation also, during which I never gave the loader control a second thought. Maybe it's from years of operating trucks and cars with stick shifts on the floor... your right hand gets pretty used to running some kind of control out there so it's no big deal having the FEL handle set up like that. Well, it's a theory at least. :confused: Some of the old-timers I grew up with, who hand-cranked their tractors to start the engine, would probably get a chuckle.

/ L series joystick FEL control #10  
In using our L3400, since your right hand is probably on the steering wheel or throttle, anyway, moving it a bit over to the joystick seems natural. I have thought about shortening the lever, but so far, haven't gotten around to messing with it. Leverage isn't a problem.