50 Hour Service

/ 50 Hour Service #1  

garbageman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7500
I completed the 50hr service yesterday. All went smooth until
putting on the new Hydro filter. It did not fit, my dealer gave me the wrong one. I see "Tractor Smart" shows two Hydro filters for the B7500 HSD. I found no metal shavings in the "screen" and the Hydro fluid had an olive color to it. The engine oil was dirty. Other then that NO Problems.

/ 50 Hour Service #2  
Garbageman,
Don't feel too bad. My dealer gave me the wrong engine filter:( I had to make the trip back 25 miles to get the right one. You would think a dealership would get the filters right the first time.

My 50 hours service went well on my bx2230. I have a few metal shavings on my tranny screen and I botched putting it back in pinching one o ring, but I was able to put a new one on and no leaks:)

Now its back to putting in the new lawn out back.

Steve

/ 50 Hour Service #5  
I always change mine at the first 50. Never know what you might find in there

On one Kubota I had, the was only about a cupful of fluid in the front axle. There is no way to check the level other than the level screw and if it doesn't come out when it's removed, well,....how low is it??

Besides, even at 50 hours, it will be diry (full of casting dust and whatever).

I replace the UDT with 85-90 GL4-5 gear oil. What you do is your preference. It is your tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 50 Hour Service
Astor, you didn't take apart the tranny screen did you?
I was under the impression you just clean it.
Ray

/ 50 Hour Service #7  
I've got about 12 more hours before I do the 50 hour service on my BX1500. Is there anything extra to do when you have a FEL, or do you just change the fluid and filters and not worry about the fluid that doesn't drain from the FEL?

/ 50 Hour Service
I have a FEL and backhoe that operates off the tractor's hydro pump. I drained the fluids as per the owner's manual. What ever fluid was left remained in the hoses. I recommend you have 5gal catch basin for the fluids.
My owners manual shows (photo) TWO Hydro filters located behind the rear wheels, next to the drain plugs. Can this be? I changed the filter next to tranny screen. Anyone with a B7500 can add to this?

/ 50 Hour Service
I called my dealer, there are TWO filters one Hydrostatic (66021-36060, the smaller of the two) and the other is the hydraulic (67955-37710). The manual did't make mention of the two unless I missed it.
Ray

/ 50 Hour Service #10  
Just did my 50 hour on my bx23 this morning. Took about two hours.. Don't worry about the fluid in the FEL. Just move the cylinders so that they are retracted fully. A few things for others: [*]bolt sizes <ul type="square">
Engine drain: 19mm
trans drain: 17mm
Front end drain: 14mm
front end fill: 22mm
Trans screen: 26mm
[/list]
Thats the only tools I needed. A funnel with tubing on the end will be helpful with trans filling. If you drive all of your wheels up onto 2x6s you can remain level and gain a little more access for the front end drain procedure. I used a standard filter wrench. After filling the front end let it sit for about 15 minutes and then top off again. Nothin' to it.
Hope this will help