RTVX 1140 turbo

/ RTVX 1140 turbo #1  

johndeeregene

Tractor
john deere 3020
has anyone put a turbo kit on a RTVX 1140 to try an correct the short comings on these units. mine has 3hrs on it an i hate it. it is so under powered it isnt even funny. pulls down on the hills so bad my old gator will out pull it.

/ RTVX 1140 turbo #2  
They are under powered but for what Kubota designed them for they perform well. There are kits available but quite pricey and a fair amount of work to put on.

/ RTVX 1140 turbo #3  
First post eh? Not that I have a ton myself but sounds like you just joined the forum to badmouth Kubota... Maybe you should start with what you like about the unit, why you bought it and what you plan to use it for, etc.. Then add the ask about the benefits of adding a turbo kit and what others here can share from their experiences by adding it?

/ RTVX 1140 turbo
reload5 your reply isnt even worth a comment

/ RTVX 1140 turbo
kuboman have you talked to anyone that has installed one, is it worth the money to install one. does it give enough boost in power. i talked to the dealer an he said that they are available but wouldnt do anything till after warrenty is up.
thank you for your reply

/ RTVX 1140 turbo #6  
JDG, Not sure how familiar you are with the transmission on the RTV-X as opposed to the Gator but the RTV-X having the HST will require backing off the peddle to increase torque, counter intuitive I know but that is how the HST work. The more you push the peddle the more your going to kill the engine under to much load. As for the Turbo I had looked at them because I hated the MAX speed available but the most I have observed gained through forums without excess smoke is 36MPH, I get about 28-29MPH out of mine. The tech at the dealership came to the house (He lives around the corner) and adjusted the throttle some how to gain me about 3 MPH. I just cant see spending another $2500 on the kit, also the turbo will void the warranty and the tech I know said he did not advise it on those engines. I live in flat lands and it performs well for me, it would pull my house over if I tried, not fast but powerful. I do hate the seats, but I haven't found an aftermarket yet. The trade off for the speed is I don't have to worry about the kids at 60 MPH. Good luck hopefully you can work out something to enjoy it more.

/ RTVX 1140 turbo
the speed really isnt a issue with me since i bought this unit for my wife an mother to drive, i have drove it a little an a little more speed would be nice, but the way it pulls down when goin up hills is what my issue is, an my wifeees, you know when wifee isnt happy it isnt goin to go good. this unit will pull down to 10 mph from 24 mph. so for i dont know of any other issues with unit. of course it only has 3hrs on it. i love the room on the unit. but that is why i thought if could turbo it, the unit would hold its speed better an give it more torque when needed. of course a straight pipe might be nice to. but i would bet that would not go over good either.
thank you for your reply.

/ RTVX 1140 turbo #8  
You should not lose that much, I would try pulling off the peddle when you begin to see the speed reduction, you will see a marked improvement. When I loose torque I let up about an .5 to 1 inch and it returns with the RPMS. Just remind the wife the peddle is not associated with fuel flow but hydraulic fluid flow. But I don't think the turbo will help much and certainly not worth the risk IMHO.

Good luck-

/ RTVX 1140 turbo
thank you for all replys will try that an play with it a little bit. i think i will see if the dealer can adjustments also. thanks again for all the replys. will keep everyone informed with what i come up with.

/ RTVX 1140 turbo #10  
OP - Please do keep us posted about how your dealer adjustments on your Kubota turn out.

"...it is so under powered it isnt even funny. pulls down on the hills so bad my old gator will out pull it."