When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left?

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #32  
This appears to be model dependent. I have 4 Kubotas and all are relatively accurate. When filled, BOTH my M135GX and L5740 start dropping a short time after running. The L5740 has an 8 segment gauge and when it gets down to one segment, the low fuel warning displays and it's time to head for fuel or get ready to walk. The M135GX drops at a fairly steady rate and just above empty, a low fuel warning is displayed. At this point I get 35 gallons in the 40 gallon tank. My GR2120 and RTV 900XT all seem very linear. The only thing I would say is the first half of the L57t0 goes faster than the bottom.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #33  
I wonder if part of the problem you guys are seeing is that the diesel is foaming up from vibrations while in use. Like MHarryE my Grand L gauge is just 8 blocks and seams pretty accurate. When I'm down to one block I'm low.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #34  
L 3901 with 98 hrs,thought I would have to take it back to the dealer for fuel gage problem way over full mark,keep detailed accurate log book every time I drive ,40 gallons so far. When gage was stuck I drove forward/reverse up big mulch pile several times till I got scared,gage dropped to slightly above half after this. I had already called dealer and he said bring it in and leave it. Now that I know what I get GPH,I top tank off whenever it gets to half mark or every 4 hours of operation.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #35  
I roughly figured tank on M7040SU has:

1/4 tank fuel left on E
1/2 tank between E and 1/2 full
1/4 tank between 1/2 and full.

Only had low fuel light come on once, 1/8 tank showing and tractor parked nose down on a hill.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #36  
The BX has the sending unit on top of tank just under the left fender. If you're crossing a hill with the left side uphill, it might say empty. If you go across the other way it might say full and you haven't changed anything except direction. :D

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #37  
How true. Maybe it's just me but I think the Kubota cute fuel gauge thing has gone on long enough. I've owned them for 25 years and they're all the same. Maybe it's time for one that works and accurately reflects fuel in the tank.

The gauge on my BX25 works perfectly, so perhaps the problem is restricted to certain models.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #38  
The gauge on my BX25 works perfectly, so perhaps the problem is restricted to certain models.
The issue is that the gauge assumes that the tank is a cube and moving the float 1/4 the height of the tank moves the needle 1/4 of a tank, even if the tank is shaped like a pyramid and the quarters (by height) have different volumes.
Our BX2660 has the same issue. The top 1/4 lasts a long time as it spreads out below the seat. The bottom 1/4 goes quick as its down between the wheels.

Aaron Z