When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left?

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Everyone know the Kubota fuel gauge stays a long time at "FULL" and then drops precipitously to "E". I'm OK with it so this is not a complaint.

Today on an all day job the gauge dropped to "E", which is something I don't see very often. Anyway, I brought a couple gallons with me so I added it and now I'm back to "FULL". I don't get it. Well, I do but has anyone actually gone long enough to run out of fuel or known the numbers of gallons put in to fill up after it first hit "E" and then compared that to total capacity? My tractor today was an L4300.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #3  
I've had that happen when I've been working the tractor at higher revs (2400) and on a rough pasture whilst collecting round bales. The diesel gauge dropped 'dangerously' low... yet I knew that there was sufficient fuel in the tank. After letting the tractor sit for a while the gauge slowly 'recovered' so it must have been a combination of the sloshing around and the higher fuel demand.

I backed the revs to 2000 and it hasn't re-occurred. Now, the only time I crank it up to 2400 is when I'm on the road.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #4  
You know the true way to find out, right ? :D

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #5  
Everyone know the Kubota fuel gauge stays a long time at "FULL" and then drops precipitously to "E". I'm OK with it so this is not a complaint.

Today on an all day job the gauge dropped to "E", which is something I don't see very often. Anyway, I brought a couple gallons with me so I added it and now I'm back to "FULL". I don't get it. Well, I do but has anyone actually gone long enough to run out of fuel or known the numbers of gallons put in to fill up after it first hit "E" and then compared that to total capacity? My tractor today was an L4300.

Could it be that your gauge is sticking? My gauge would show less than what was actually in the tank now and then and it turned out to be the gauge had some rust and was sticking. Very simple to change the part inside the tank and it was about $60. Never had a faulty reading since I changed it.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #6  
Mine all vary, going uphill or down seems to sway a half a tank. Mine get below 1/4, I fill them up.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left?
Could it be that your gauge is sticking? My gauge would show less than what was actually in the tank now and then and it turned out to be the gauge had some rust and was sticking. Very simple to change the part inside the tank and it was about $60. Never had a faulty reading since I changed it.

Don't think gauge is sticking and this seems within normal for Kubotas. They all do this.

If out in the field or away from home all day I can't fill up at a half tank unless I carry a can and that's a hassle.

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #8  
My mx4800 has a 13.5gal capacity. I've been at what I thought was a dangerously low (dial marker below the empty line) fuel level and STILL couldn't put 10gal in...

/ When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #9  
When my gauge falls below "E", I have 4 more hours of work left in her :mur: which is about half a tank. Ran out of fuel a time or three... 9 gallon tank. First time freaked me out, now I know if it sputters, I'll shut her down quick.

Last edited:
   / When Kubota fuel gauge hits "E", how much fuel is left? #10  
My Kubota fuel gauge seems to work pretty well. The fuel gauge in my truck not so well. I have to go by mileage.