Whining noise on L3901

/ Whining noise on L3901 #1  

buddy48

Tractor
Kubota L3901
I just turned 50 hours on my 2015 L3901. From about 45 hours until now there is a distinct whining noise right around 1800 rpm. When you get past that point it goes away. All fluids are where they need to be and it wasn't running hot or anything. Anyone else have a similar issue or have any ideas as to what it might be?

/ Whining noise on L3901 #2  
I have an L3901 HST and it is becoming well known that these tractors have a distinct whine. Assuming you have an HST?

/ Whining noise on L3901
Not an HST. Standard transmission. It baffles me. Between 1800-1850 rpm. Once you're past that point it goes away. Strange.

/ Whining noise on L3901 #4  
Take it out of 4WD. Mine whines when 4WD drive is engaged at about that RPM. Mine is a 3301

/ Whining noise on L3901
Take it out of 4WD. Mine whines when 4WD drive is engaged at about that RPM. Mine is a 3301

I'll try that and see if thats what it is!

/ Whining noise on L3901 #6  
Since the whining is just in one narrow RPM range I'd assume that it's some kind of resonance rather than a mechanical problem.
rScotty

/ Whining noise on L3901 #7  
My understanding is that you don't want to be in 4WD unless the traction is needed. Certainly not for road travel or light, level work.

/ Whining noise on L3901 #8  
I leave mine in 2wd unless I need 4wd, or am lifting things on the loader. Just remember, these things don't have brakes on the front unless you are in 4wd. Big issue with hills & a load on the loader (with minimal weight & traction on the rears).