Grapple recommendations

/ Grapple recommendations #1  

89vette

Tractor
Kubota L4600
Looking for a grapple for my L4600. I'd like to have one for carrying brush and branches to burn. Does kubota sell a kit for the third function? Can I get one that is quick attach? Pictures would be great.

/ Grapple recommendations #2  
I have ordered an ETA wicked grapple. They have a 3rd function kit that comes from WR Long company. I got the kit last week and it had the correct brackets etc. It went together easily enough. I'll have the the grapple on Friday so I'm looking forward to a busy weekend. I'll post some pics this weekend for sure.

/ Grapple recommendations
I have ordered an ETA wicked grapple. They have a 3rd function kit that comes from WR Long company. I got the kit last week and it had the correct brackets etc. It went together easily enough. I'll have the the grapple on Friday so I'm looking forward to a busy weekend. I'll post some pics this weekend for sure.

Thanks!

/ Grapple recommendations #4  
This one is good for my needs - the grapples are 5/8" thick, so don't need webs blocking the view. Hydraulics are enclosed, very well-protected. For general use the flat-bottomed bucket is good. For stump clearing, a rake style bucket may be preferred.

It's very handy, made quick work of cleaning up a huge pine we took down. Put the logs on a trailer and moved the brush to a burn pile, disappearing the whole thing in a couple hours.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 178
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
   / Grapple recommendations
So an attachment for a skid steer will fit on my L4600? That's the part I'm confused about. Are all these attachments standard like a 3 point hitch is the same across all brands except for class?

/ Grapple recommendations #6  
SSQA(skid steer quick attach) is a universal fit but some SSQA tools "may" be too heavy for some tractors and tractors for the most part will not have "hydraulic flow to run implements designed for a SS".
That being said it's a great set-up for a compact tractor.I have my bucket(with thumb) and snow-plow set up with SSQA.

/ Grapple recommendations #7  
As birdman mentioned - Pay close attention to weight and flow. Brush and small branches are light compared to the solid wood they came from.
One of the areas that EA excels at is making tough grapples fairly light weight. Also customer support.

/ Grapple recommendations #8  
Looking for a grapple for my L4600. I'd like to have one for carrying brush and branches to burn. Does kubota sell a kit for the third function? Can I get one that is quick attach? Pictures would be great.
Does your L4600 have the Kubota SSQA, with two levers?

IMG_0210.jpg

LA504.JPG

/ Grapple recommendations #10  
...Now I'll start reading up on how to install a 3rd function...
This is the one ETA Sells, talked about above: They have a couple Diagrams W.R. Long Valve Kits

Friend bought this grapple, really nice: 54" and only 350 lbs. Everything Attachments: Single Lid Wicked Root Grapple Lightweight Strong Large opening