BX25 vs. B3350HST

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST #1  

JFoy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I've loved my BX25D thus far with a few exceptions. With my current project though (clearing land), I'm thinking about upgrading. I'd like to keep a MMM so that means the B series. I'd still get the FEL and BH as well. So, question is, aside from a rated 8hp increase, how much stronger is the B3350HST compared to the BX25?

Thanks,
John

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST #2  
My neighbor is looking at the B series and was told buy local dealer the 3350SU if I am right does not have the mid pto option. If you find out different please let us know.

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST
As I understand it, the SU is a stripped down version in the B series which would explain why no mid pto.

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST #4  
...So, question is, aside from a rated 8hp increase, how much stronger is the B3350HST compared to the BX25?

Thanks,
John

I have a BX 2200 and a B 2910. I think the B 3350 may be about the size of my B 2910. And the BX 2200 is about the size of your BX 25.

There's no comparison between the work these tractors of mine can do. The B 2910 is an order of magnitude better than the BX. It's all about getting the horsepower to the ground. The larger tractor with the larger tires and more weight is a real workhorse!

If you could swing it, I suggest you keep the BX and buy the larger tractor as well. There are times when the smaller tractor can fit into places and do things that the larger one cannot. If you can only have one tractor move up to the larger one. If you want to get work done you will not regret it!

Bill

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST #5  
The 3350's four cylinder turbo-charged motor gets the job done. The cab, if you get that model keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST #6  
I have a BX 2200 and a B 2910. I think the B 3350 may be about the size of my B 2910. And the BX 2200 is about the size of your BX 25.

There's no comparison between the work these tractors of mine can do. The B 2910 is an order of magnitude better than the BX. It's all about getting the horsepower to the ground. The larger tractor with the larger tires and more weight is a real workhorse!

If you could swing it, I suggest you keep the BX and buy the larger tractor as well. There are times when the smaller tractor can fit into places and do things that the larger one cannot. If you can only have one tractor move up to the larger one. If you want to get work done you will not regret it!

Bill

I would agree on both points here. The B2910 will get far more work done and feels more stable and powerful in use. It will work circles around the BX25 yet the BX25 will fit into homeowner sized places the B2910 can't. If you can swing it, buy both.

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST #7  
Stay away from the B3350 if you can help it. It has some serious issues, look it up. I had to trade mine down to the B2650. I'm happy with it barring a few minor problems.

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST #8  
I went from a BX 35 to a B 2920 several years ago and noticed a great improvement in the way I could get things done. Not only the increased power but the greater ground clearance. Several months ago I traded my B 2920 on a B2650 with cab. Yes I lost 3 hp but by going to the 2650 instead of the 3350 I stayed away from the their 4 emission issues that model is having. On the plus side with the new "B" series is the larger hydraulic system which provides more power than the older B 2920 which is great for additional loads on the three point and increased lifting with the FEL ( or ballot fork option). I also agree with another post that when I upgraded to the B 2650 I did get the enclosed cab option and it is great ! Yes A/C and heat ( not used a lot in Texas) is a plus but keeping the dust out is even more important. I do advice you either keep an implement on the rear or add a ballast box as the cab version does have a higher center of gravity but what a great all around tractor

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST #9  
I was seriously considering upgrading from my current BX25 to a B2650, but when a fellow TBNer let me drive his new one around a bit, I felt it was just too big for me(!). And I was worried about its "tippiness". (The BX25 has a much lower center of gravity, Plus I put 2 inch wheel spacers on the rear wheels.)

Also, this is not relevant to the OP's decision, but upgrading would've been very expensive, to the tune of $15-$20,000.

A tough decision to be sure, but I really just feel more comfortable on the BX25, and it can get into many places that a bigger tractor cannot.

Good luck to you on your purchase. An exciting venture!

/ BX25 vs. B3350HST #10  
I've loved my BX25D thus far with a few exceptions. With my current project though (clearing land), I'm thinking about upgrading. I'd like to keep a MMM so that means the B series. I'd still get the FEL and BH as well. So, question is, aside from a rated 8hp increase, how much stronger is the B3350HST compared to the BX25?

WAY stronger, and WAY more capable - B series and BX's are truly apples and oranges. They pejoratively call the BXs garden tractors on steroids, but that is literally what they are. A REAL tractor is built around one piece of continuous iron from front to back, including motor, clutch, transmission, hydraulics, and rear end - a garden tractor is a motor up front with a shaft that drives a little transaxle in the back. Guess how the BX is made? The little wheels on the BXs also really hurt their performance due to constant loss of traction, even in 4x4. I have a mid-sized L tractor, and it can do more work in 5 minutes than my BX can do in an hour - literally. A large B might take 10 minutes for the same job, maybe less, but it's MUCH faster and stronger than a BX.