Another newbie with a backhoe removal question?

/ Another newbie with a backhoe removal question? #1  

Indian MC

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
Hey everyone,
I have everything situated in my garage with the backhoe now having its own place. Been two months staring at my new Landpride Box Blade, it's time to wear some paint off of it.
I've read many posts explaining backhoe removal along with YouTube videos.
Though, most everything on YouTube is on the BX series.
Looking at my Backhoe user manual for the B2601, the procedure isn't exactly the same as most of my home schooling.
The videos seem to always show one hydraulic line to remove from the Backhoe to be reinserted back into the tractor. To be done while the motor is shut down.
My manual appears to mention three lines to remove? ( Unless I'm reading into this to much ).
" User Manual"
Disconnect Hydraulic "hoses" in the following manner.
Disconnect the inlet, outlet and power beyond hoses from the Tractor. ( Is this three names for one hose )?
Connect Tractors power beyond hose to the coupler of outlet pipes.

Thanks,

/ Another newbie with a backhoe removal question? #2  
If it is anything like my Massey, the hose ends should be color coded and have appropriate caps to prevent leaking fluid. Disconnect the tractor side from the BH side and then there should be a marked male and a marked female that connect to each other (tractor side) and then the odd-man out just gets a cap. On the BH side, all should have caps.

/ Another newbie with a backhoe removal question? #3  
When power beyond is used to run a backhoe (rather than a rear remote controlled by a lever) there should be three hoses. One is from the tractor's "power beyond" to the backhoe, and supplies it with pressure and flow to operate. A second is from the backhoe's "power beyond" back to the tractor, which provides any downstream hydraulics, like the loader or 3pt depending where the BH is tied into the circuit, with pressure to operate when the BH isn't being used. And the last is a "return to tank" hose, which lets the BH operate by dumping flow return flow from cylinders back to the reservoir directly, rather than flowing it through the other hydraulics. I've heard it can be done w/o the return hose, but most don't recommend it, as it can mess up the valves if you're operating the BH and downstream hydraulics at the same time. (Or so I was told...)

With either setup, you MUST plug the power beyond hose from the tractor back into where the power beyond hose from the BH would have connected, or you will dead head the hydraulic pump, and have no downstream hydraulics. Usually this hose has a 90° fitting on the end, so it takes up less space when plugged in, but not always...

Your BH manual should point out which hose gets re-connected after you remove the BH, and where... or if there are only two, it's pretty easy to figure out. :)

/ Another newbie with a backhoe removal question? #4  
I would advise you to be sure the pressure is out of the hoses before you try to disconnect them. You relieve the pressure by working the backhoe controls vigorously with the engine off. Be sure to do this first.

/ Another newbie with a backhoe removal question? #5  
I don't have my b2620 with backhoe anymore, but it was pretty easy to remove and install. I did make a dolly to place under the hoe before taking it off. Made it easy to slide out of the way when I took it off. Then easy to slide into position when installing. What I hated the most was installing and removing the 3 pt arms.

/ Another newbie with a backhoe removal question? #6  
I don't have my b2620 with backhoe anymore, but it was pretty easy to remove and install. I did make a dolly to place under the hoe before taking it off. Made it easy to slide out of the way when I took it off. Then easy to slide into position when installing. What I hated the most was installing and removing the 3 pt arms.
Agreed... the three point hitch is clumsy to install/remove on the BX especially since I try to keep it assembled as much as possible. A great improvement would be a quicker/easier install process.

/ Another newbie with a backhoe removal question? #7  
This is one of the reasons that I picked up a Massey GC1720 instead of a BX - The 3-point remains attached to the tractor and tucks under the rear end when the backhoe is mounted. There is no removal/reinstall necessary.