Like your M7040SU?

/ Like your M7040SU? #11  
Bubba, I fear this quote applies to me, “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”- Jeff Cooper Regardless of my inventory, I strive mightily to maintain mediocrity.

think perhaps you humble yourself. although i can't speak for handgun experience never needing or owning one, given your experience with numerous tractors/machines by default makes you somewhat expert in their upkeep/operation.
in regards to the OP, no one would argue the quality of the 7040 series, he would do well to buy. but the M6800 is a robust M series machine as well. i originally inquired as to why he would "upgrade" to the 7040, more than likely the hyd shuttle with perhaps fewer hrs.
best regards bb

/ Like your M7040SU?
bubba--they both are hydraulic and I can use the both of them during the summer. I'm not trading up because they are essentially the same tractor and am not sure if I will keep both and sell something else or maybe sell the M6800. The M6800 perhaps has more bells and whistles than the M7040SU so I don't know. In many regards the M6800 is considered one of the best Kubotas ever and the M7040 can't be far behind. Kubota sure makes wonderful products.

/ Like your M7040SU? #13  
sounds as if you know what your are doing, and either machine is an awesome M series. can't go wrong with either. the 7040 su being in the family, maybe you can be assured that it has been well cared for. although my acreage (127 acr mt top ozarks) demands are not high maintenance, i still decided to go up to the M series utility tractor after a few L and MX models. never looked back.
it's always about choice & priorities. & in my case, rugged terrain. sounds like the ball's in your court.

/ Like your M7040SU? #14  
Yeah, I definitely like my M series.

I'm only slightly jealous of "sixdogs". Love watching him spend money though!!!! Go for it!!! :D

/ Like your M7040SU? #15  
We bought a new M7040SU last year, hyd shuttle, fwa, metric R1W radial tires, cast wheels with fluid plus LA1153 loader. Wanted to avoid the pollution junk on the 7060. Regular M7040 wasn't available new at the time.

Only put 200 and some hours on it so far doing loader work, haying, tillage etc, would buy it again.

Yes the seat is cheaper, but it gets the job done. No tilt wheel either, don't really miss it, but would use it if it had it.

Lack of floor mats is a none issue, deck can be painted again if needed, just worse cause it is orange.

I like the platform layout, simple and the main gear shift is direct on the transmission (comes up from the floor to the right of the seat) I drove a M7040 with the console shifter and I didn't find it was tight (700 hours on it)

Just finished plowing a few acres of pasture with it last week, 3 furrow plow with depth wheel, lack of draft control wasn't an issue. Never used draft control on the other tractors plowing anyways.

IMG_0257.JPG