Like your M7040SU?

/ Like your M7040SU? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I ran across a nearly new M7040SU FWA offered to me at a pretty low price by a friend that needs to sell. I'm familiar with the regular M7040 and know the SU version is just a low-buck version of the M7040. Still, it's the same engine, hydro shuttle, trans, loader and all else. But---,no draft control, a low-buck seat and no floor mat as well. On the plus side, no DPF or other stuff I don't want and won't accept. This tractor works for me because I need light weight but extra horsepower and this has it.

If you have or are familiar with the M7040SU model, what do you think? Same what do you think question but as compared to a regular M7040? What do you miss? What do you not miss? Thanks, and no pressure here :D but opinions needed pretty quick. Thanks in advance.

/ Like your M7040SU? #3  
once had a M 7040 full version. if the 7040 su version comes w/the hyd shuttle, great machine. but see you have the M6800 already. why purchase something so close to what you already have? if you are looking for a substantial upgrade on existing, then go with the 85hp version... maybe i misunderstood your post. best regards bb

/ Like your M7040SU?
once had a M 7040 full version. if the 7040 su version comes w/the hyd shuttle, great machine. but see you have the M6800 already. why purchase something so close to what you already have? if you are looking for a substantial upgrade on existing, then go with the 85hp version... maybe i misunderstood. best regards bb

Going to sell or repurpose something. Can upgrade almost free.

/ Like your M7040SU? #5  
if your existing 6800 is shuttle shift, & the 7040 su is hyd shuttle, would be a definite upgrade. of course depending on existing cond. & maintenance record of the 7040 su you are looking at.
as i recall, the shifter format on the su version sits in between your legs rather than on the right side. i am an equip freak always lusting for something "better". before i upgrade though, i try to ask myself what particular problem will the upgrade solve before pulling the trigger. is it the hyd shuttle vs the shuttle shift what you are looking for? btw i would never give up my hyd shuttle. best of luck bb

/ Like your M7040SU? #6  
You might check some old threads by foreman Etexas and builder, they had the regular M7040, don't know anyone off hand who had the SU model.

EDIT: Didn't see big bubba's post, he knows more about them than I.

/ Like your M7040SU? #7  
You might check some old threads by foreman Etexas and builder, they had the regular M7040, don't know anyone off hand who had the SU model.

EDIT: Didn't see big bubba's post, he knows more about them than I.

geez triple r, you are too kind. actually only owned the m7040 for 150 hrs until i upgraded to the 8540. so we are both in the same realm of experience on that one. actually you have more machines than i, so you're ahead on that :) but we both know the M series hyd shuttle is the way to go. happy tractoring.....

/ Like your M7040SU? #8  
I have owned a '11 M7040 HDC-1 since '12 when I purchased it with 137 hrs on tachometer. It now has nearly 1400 trouble free hrs on it.

/ Like your M7040SU? #9  
geez triple r, you are too kind. actually only owned the m7040 for 150 hrs until i upgraded to the 8540. so we are both in the same realm of experience on that one. actually you have more machines than i, so you're ahead on that :) but we both know the M series hyd shuttle is the way to go. happy tractoring.....

Bubba, I fear this quote applies to me, “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”- Jeff Cooper Regardless of my inventory, I strive mightily to maintain mediocrity.

/ Like your M7040SU? #10  
My 2009 M6040HD-1 is the hydraulic shuttle model. It has the same frame, engine, hydraulics as the M7040. The engine on mine is slightly more detuned. I've tried the draft control - once - while pulling my moldboard plow. Never got the hang of it - too many big rocks & bedrock outcroppings. I certainly didn't choose this unit because it had draft control.

Its pretty easy to glue in floor mats and upgrade the seat, if that's what you want.

If you like the M7040 and its a good price, I would certainly recommend you purchase it. I've had no problems with mine.