Added Blind Spot Mirror to My Kubota BX-25

/ Added Blind Spot Mirror to My Kubota BX-25 #1  

AStanton

Platinum Member
For the few times I take the BX-25 on a road trip, I thought a side view mirror would be a nice idea. This blind spot RV mirror fit the bill nicely. It was a little over $3.00. One pic shows the glue setting up during the install. I had to add a rubber shim to make it flush to the bucket frame.

Attachments

• Blind Spot Mirror.JPG
    Blind Spot Mirror.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 469
  • fb10.20.1.JPG
    fb10.20.1.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 573
   / Added Blind Spot Mirror to My Kubota BX-25 #2  
That's (sort of) what I did with mine = mounted it on the FEL arm. I went with a side-view mirror for a van. I had to have a plate manufactured by a local metal shop to position it correctly + added a rubber gasket to cut down on vibration. It works a treat!

Yes, it's mounted on the right hand side. This is Australia after all.

Attachments

• mirror 1 (3).JPG
    mirror 1 (3).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 245
  • mirror 1 (2).JPG
    mirror 1 (2).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 208
  • mirror 1 (1).JPG
    mirror 1 (1).JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 237
   / Added Blind Spot Mirror to My Kubota BX-25
Looks like it came from the factory. I'm assuming it's kangaroo-proof as well.

/ Added Blind Spot Mirror to My Kubota BX-25 #4  
Looks like it came from the factory. I'm assuming it's kangaroo-proof as well.

Ta, Mate. I used JD primer & JD green rattle-cans on the steel plate... added a wee JD decal, that I had laying around the shop, to the back of the mirror.

/ Added Blind Spot Mirror to My Kubota BX-25 #5  
I maintain over a mile of private road and it became a necessity for me to be able to see traffic approaching from the rear. I bought a couple of knock off Jeep Wrangler mirrors on eBay for $25. Made a simple angle iron bracket and bolted it to the FEL support. No welding required. Used them on my old L3430 for a couple of years and moved them to the new MX5800. The mirrors are fully adjustable, swing out of the way when necessary and are cheap to replace if damaged.

P1060091a.jpg P1060094a.jpg

/ Added Blind Spot Mirror to My Kubota BX-25
I like how you tucked the mount into the loader bracket. Clean looking.

/ Added Blind Spot Mirror to My Kubota BX-25 #7  
I like how you tucked the mount into the loader bracket. Clean looking.

Thanks!

A little tough to get the grease gun on the top pivot though until I put a 90 degree zerk on it.

The only down side to the setup is I lose the mirrors when I remove the FEL. Not really a problem since the only time I do it is when I mow.