Grass Catcher on B2910

/ Grass Catcher on B2910 #1  

dlockh4258

Tractor
Kubota B2910
I have a Kubota B2910 with a 72 inch belly mower. Why can't you put a grass catcher on the 72 inch deck? I noticed that you can get a grass catcher for the 60 inch but the 72 inch is not an option. Does anyone know of a grass catcher that will work on this unit?
Thanks

/ Grass Catcher on B2910 #2  
I don't know the answer for sure, but I have a grass catcher for my 60" deck on my BX. If the grass catcher is similar to mine, I would think the difference between a 60 and 72 would only have two places that would make a difference. The first would be a longer hose/tube as the 72" would be wider. The second may or may not be different would be the chute design. If they are different sizes then the molded boot that comes with the catcher would not fit the unit. Also for the chute on my BX 60" compared to the 54" they included a deflection plate that had to be added inside the mower deck to help deflect the grass more toward the rear.

If it were me I would go to a dealer and take measurements of the 60" deck outlet chute to see if it is the same and might work. I suspect that will be the difference as a longer tube would be easy for them to do.

Hope this helps. I am attaching a couple of pictures of how my boot is attached and the deflection piece.

First photo shows the deflector (black piece in upper left corner.

Attachments

• 419440-P4150004.JPG
    419440-P4150004.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 242
   / Grass Catcher on B2910 #3  
2nd photo is of the chute boot attached.

Attachments

• 419443-P4160003.JPG
    419443-P4160003.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 297
   / Grass Catcher on B2910 #5  
I can't see why that wouldn't be an option unless they just can't market to 72" deck users. Seems a 72" deck would be on such a big tractor that perhaps grass collection would not be needed,. i.e feild mowing.

/ Grass Catcher on B2910 #6  
Randy... I just bought a used catcher for my BX2200. I haven't installed it yet and I have a question regarding the deflector. Since I won't be using the catcher most of the time, will the deflecter affect the performance of the mower when the catcher is not used? I suspect it will work OK but I wanted to ask if you use yours without the catcher.

John

/ Grass Catcher on B2910 #7  
John,

I mow without the catcher on about 60% of the time. I don't see any issues mowing this way, but honestly I never mowed without the deflector attached as I bought my unit new with the grass catcher. I did have to re-install the deflector as the dealer had installed in incorrectly, but still didn't mow without it.

My grass here grows pretty fast this time of year, but by mid to late July is slowed by lack of rain. Our soil is very gravel based and drains very quick, so bagging is usually over by then.

/ Grass Catcher on B2910 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I did have to re-install the deflector as the dealer had installed in incorrectly, but still didn't mow without it)</font>

What did he do wrong? I don't want to make the same mistake. Looks pretty simple from the pictures.

John

/ Grass Catcher on B2910 #9  
They didn't follow the directions, so it was installed sticking out of the chute instead of inside. No big deal, but I suspect they hadn't installed one of them before and didn't have the installation manual handy as they had already sent them to me.

/ Grass Catcher on B2910 #10  
The grass catcher I have looks pretty universal and powerful. It came off a B2410 60 inch deck, ought to fit a 72 as well but don't know for sure. They are nice and hold a lot of clippings for those who manicure their yard. I prefer to let the clippings lay so will probably put mine on ebay this summer.