What will it pull

/ What will it pull #11  
Have you plowed before?

Have someone who can teach you plow adjustment?

Plows are the most difficult implement to learn proper adjustment and operation~~~~~~

Yes they are....

/ What will it pull #12  
Plow setup.........Id rather be lucky than good.

IMG_20161026_151613585.jpgIMG_20161026_151630550_HDR.jpg

/ What will it pull #13  
Last edited:
   / What will it pull #14  
It's so dry here you couldn't plow with a D9 CAT right now. All joking aside sandy soil is much easier to pull than clay. We always pulled 3-16's here with 60 HP tractors but down east they could pull 4-16's. Big difference in clay soil and sandy soil. I've always heard rule of thumb is 1 draw-bar HP per 1" of plow. That is gonna be pretty close. Wheel base, tire type, and weight also factor. Some plows even set up correctly pull easier than others. When I was a young boy we had an old Oliver trip plow that was the easiest pulling plow I've ever run. I ran it with an M Farmall.

In your soil type you tractor will do fine. Just work with the plow to get it set up correctly. I am sure some videos are available on plow set up.

/ What will it pull #15  
My Dad didn't especially enjoy plowing, thought it was too slow. So I started doing it when I was 8. I loved it. Plowed around 60 acres each Fall. Was a big deal with a little Ford and a 2 or 3 bottom plow.

Locally had Plowing contests in the Fall. More times than not I won the "kid" class. Had to hitch the plow to the tractor, adjust it, then plow a small square area that was judged for quality and consistency.

/ What will it pull #16  
In retirement the two activities I most enjoy are plowing and casting my own lead alloy bullets for my old rifles.

/ What will it pull #17  
In retirement the two activities I most enjoy are plowing and casting my own lead alloy bullets for my old rifles.

Nothing touches the Soul like the smell of freshly plowed soil.

/ What will it pull #18  
We always plowed in the Fall and sometimes at night. I remember one specific night we were in a 20 acre field with two D-17's and a 170 Allis. We covered it pretty fast with three 3-16's in the ground. I remember vividly the exhaust manifolds turning cherry red on those old Allis's. Those were the days.

/ What will it pull #19  
Can I pull a 14 inch two bottom breaking plow with a 3560 HST 4 wheel drive no loader?

Thanks
Rick
Assuming you can get enuf weight for traction the issue will become how far? The power is already marginal for good speed and the HST will not like the long term high level traction load. Using lo range is the option, but still some issues, and too slow.

/ What will it pull #20  
Assuming you can get enuf weight for traction the issue will become how far? The power is already marginal for good speed and the HST will not like the long term high level traction load. Using lo range is the option, but still some issues, and too slow.

While I don't agree with everything above, SPYDERLK makes a good point. HST tractors aren't the best machine for plowing. Will it work,? Yes. Will you ruin the transmission? No. Can you buy a much better tractor for plowing? Yes, and quite cheaply too. A Farmall M would pull that plow (it would need to be a towed plow, not three point) and much more. You can buy a decent looking runner for under $2000. A Ford 600 or 800 series, or international 404, 504, could be had for not much more, and they'll have a three point hitch. These tractors, being gear transmissions, will be more efficient, and longer lasting on a draft application. Now, if you need to plow a few acres every year, use your Kubota. If you want to do a lot of plowing, you can buy a tractor that's better at it for less than a transmission repair would cost on your Kubota.