Enjoying the new grapple

/ Enjoying the new grapple #1  

desh

Tractor
Kubota L4701 HST 4X4
Just thought I would post a few photos and my experience so far with the new Landpride SGC1072 grapple on my Kubota L4701. It has taken me about 2 hours to clean up two large debris piles on my property--something that would have probably taken me a couple of days if doing it by hand. One caution when dumping debris in a trailer. The bouncing motion of the front end loader can cause the tractor to connect with the trailer fenders if too close and not careful...something I found out the hard way. :( Otherwise, this is a great attachment that I will get a lot of use out of.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 951
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 905
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    966 KB · Views: 697
   / Enjoying the new grapple #2  
Very nice. I have no need of one for my current land, but if I did, I'd buy one in a heart beat just because they look cool and fun to operate. :D

/ Enjoying the new grapple
Thanks! My favorite part of the grapple is clamping down on on stuff with the claw. You can hear the hydraulics crushing and breaking planks, wood, limbs, etc. :thumbsup:

/ Enjoying the new grapple #4  
Welcome to TBN and Congrats on the nice new grapple. Don't you just love being able to grab stuff and move it w/o getting off the tractor :thumbsup:

gg

/ Enjoying the new grapple #5  
Very nice. I have no need of one for my current land, but if I did, I'd buy one in a heart beat just because they look cool and fun to operate. :D

Grapples are the most fun you can have ...on a tractor.:) Another member on this forum says that grapples will make a lazy man out of you. There might be some truth to that.:D

/ Enjoying the new grapple
Grapples are the most fun you can have ...on a tractor.:) Another member on this forum says that grapples will make a lazy man out of you. There might be some truth to that.:D

Grapples are a heck of a lot of fun and also save the back a lot of aches/pains. The grapple is a very close second to the bush hog in the usefulness category.

/ Enjoying the new grapple #7  
When I bought mine, having never owned one, I went back and forth deciding between the 'closed bottom'/bucket type and the one you have. I ended up with the bucket type. It's better for some stuff, not as good for large brush piles.

One of the many cool things about a grapple is being able to pick up really big stuff. Like stumps. When we cut down a big tree, instead of cutting the tree down to firewood length in the middle of the yard and making a mess, I cut the tree to 80 inch lengths. Then move those pieces to where I'll be splitting wood. The larger pieces get cut down there and then split -- it saves a ton of time moving the wood. The grapple picks up the big pieces easily, as well as that last big chunk near the bottom of the tree that's useless.

One piece of advice -- if you haven't moved heavy stuff: If you are going down a gravel grade, the tractor will 'rock' a little from the weight up front. The rocking motion can lift the rear tires up for a second with each rocking motion, which means you lose traction, which means you slide down the hill.

Don't ask me how I know.

/ Enjoying the new grapple #8  
When I bought mine, having never owned one, I went back and forth deciding between the 'closed bottom'/bucket type and the one you have. I ended up with the bucket type. It's better for some stuff, not as good for large brush piles. One of the many cool things about a grapple is being able to pick up really big stuff. Like stumps. When we cut down a big tree, instead of cutting the tree down to firewood length in the middle of the yard and making a mess, I cut the tree to 80 inch lengths. Then move those pieces to where I'll be splitting wood. The larger pieces get cut down there and then split -- it saves a ton of time moving the wood. The grapple picks up the big pieces easily, as well as that last big chunk near the bottom of the tree that's useless. One piece of advice -- if you haven't moved heavy stuff: If you are going down a gravel grade, the tractor will 'rock' a little from the weight up front. The rocking motion can lift the rear tires up for a second with each rocking motion, which means you lose traction, which means you slide down the hill. Don't ask me how I know.

I was helping the neighbor transporting logs and slid by him going down a hill. He still laughs about that....

/ Enjoying the new grapple #9  
Just thought I would post a few photos and my experience so far with the new Landpride SGC1072 grapple on my Kubota L4701. It has taken me about 2 hours to clean up two large debris piles on my property--something that would have probably taken me a couple of days if doing it by hand. One caution when dumping debris in a trailer. The bouncing motion of the front end loader can cause the tractor to connect with the trailer fenders if too close and not careful...something I found out the hard way. :( Otherwise, this is a great attachment that I will get a lot of use out of.

I have the same grapple. It's been a work saver and as you have, I've bounced it of my trailer fender. 👍

/ Enjoying the new grapple #10  
I was helping the neighbor transporting logs and slid by him going down a hill. He still laughs about that....

Go down a hill on wet grass and see what happens!! :eek::shocked: I to learned to always keep something heavy on the back (boxblade/tiller) and stay in 4wd going down hills. :cool2: