Oil & Fuel L5740 fuel filter assembly broke

/ L5740 fuel filter assembly broke #1  

Complete Turf Care

Veteran Member
Tractor
2022 Kubota Grand L6060 (no loader), 2017 Kubota Grand L6060, 2011 Kubota L5740 HSTC-3, 1997 Kubota M4700
Several days ago while laser grading a softball infield, I stepped out of my L5740 to make an adjustment and noticed lots of diesel pouring out of the fuel filter. There is a small elbow on the filter assembly where the fuel leave the filter going to the pump. That small elbow had just come out of the assembly. I was able to push it back in and hold it in place with a wire to finish the job. I ordered a new filter assembly and changed the whole thing out. I still don't know what holds it in place, or why it came out. The new one seems to be in there pretty solid.

IMG_2835.JPGIMG_2837.JPG

/ L5740 fuel filter assembly broke #2  
Not the best design.
Looks like a 1/4" tapered NPT pipe tap would cut some threads in that port so you could make a permanent repair & just screw in a new elbow for the fuel line.

/ L5740 fuel filter assembly broke #3  
Looks like there should have been a rubber seal in that groove that would compress inside of the filter groove. Maybe yours was omitted.

/ L5740 fuel filter assembly broke
Looks like there should have been a rubber seal in that groove that would compress inside of the filter groove. Maybe yours was omitted.

That could be true. I saw no evidence of a seal or anything. But it wouldn't have been omitted. Maybe it just got old and failed. I just turned 1000 hours on the tractor.