Now for the attachments...

/ Now for the attachments... #1  

Bronco82

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
After months and months, if not years of browsing, yesterday while at home, I heard a vehicle pull in, and my wife made me read my birthday/christmas card, and then said, turn around and look out the window. I look out the window only to see a brand new B2650 getting dropped off in my driveway.

Now I no longer have to browse tractors for sale, but attachments. In no particular order, I am hoping to acquire:
- Bush Hog
- Root Grapple
- Snowblower
- Box Blade
- Rear Ballast

I haven't done a search of tips and tricks to make life easier with attachments, and must haves, or budget modifications yet, but give it time. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

And pictures or it didn't happen, so hopefully this works.

IMG_20161206_143609.jpg

/ Now for the attachments... #2  
Congratulations on finding a wife like that. Nice tractor.

/ Now for the attachments... #3  

Attachments

• DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 124
  • DSC00552.JPG
    DSC00552.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 119
  • DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • DSC00380.jpg
    DSC00380.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • DSC00364.jpg
    DSC00364.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
  • DSC00359.jpg
    DSC00359.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
   / Now for the attachments... #4  
Congrats, Bronco82 ... on the tractor and the wife! Very nice. :cool2:

/ Now for the attachments... #5  
Wow ! Now THAT is a gift ! Of course it depends entirely on what your property is like, how much time you spend on the machine, and what your primary tasks are. None of us out here know those things. But that doesn't stop us from fantasizing being in your shoes and suggesting some goodies.

First thing is you will need some hydraulic system additions to handle a root grapple or anything else involving remote cylinders. I'd shop around for getting 2 remotes installed. Not cheap. The rest of the attachments you listed do not require any mods or special things unless you get fancy with the snowblower. As you may know, Kubota is connected to Landpride now for rotary cutters, etc. and most Kubota dealers sell them in orange. I like Bush Hog for rotary cutters but Landpride is solid. Kodiak is good too. There are just zillions of choices for a good bush hog. I think a 5ft hog is best for that size tractor. In my view 6ft is too big for comfortable use on that size tractor. [I have 2 tractors in same size range as your B2650. I use a 4ft hog on one because of tight spaces and a 5ft hog on the other one where I have open spaces. It handles either one very well.]
If you do install remotes, one of the handiest things I have picked up in years is the hydraulic top link. That is worth it's weight in gold with a box blade as it prevents you getting on and off so much to change angles or tang settings. It will also be handy to make "from the seat" adjustments even with the bush hog and anything you put on the rear. It is a few hundred $ and it does mean you had to have the remotes first. Do you have grass to cut ? If so that means belly versus 3pt styles to figure out. If you are not doing "fine quality city lawns" you may be surprised what a good job a sharp bladed bush hog will do on grass. Best of luck with your enviable project !

/ Now for the attachments... #6  
You forgot landscape rake ;) congrats on your new investment. :thumbsup:

/ Now for the attachments... #7  
Usually a Box Blade will suffice for Rear Ballast as opposed to a dedicated implement.

/ Now for the attachments... #8  
Usually a Box Blade will suffice for Rear Ballast as opposed to a dedicated implement.

Beat me to this so yes boxblade is perfect rear ballast and will also do various jobs. Also as mentioned before a RatchetRake. A front grapple, which I don't have but am looking appears to be fun and useful for picking up stuff. A landscape rake will do yard maintenance but the RatchetRake is the one I kept and the Landscape rake is the one I sold. A tiller is good for a garden. Forks are handy and the ones that attach to bucket are cheaper but some aggravation by sort of twisting around but lift fine, I'm now looking at a bar that goes between forks and sure it will help with my issues with clamp on forks.
Here is a site where you can spend hours watching videos showing attachments working, reasonable prices and a NC free delivery up to 1000 miles company.
Tractor Attachments And Skid Steer Attachments For Any Tractor Or Skid Steer

/ Now for the attachments... #9  
My wife was all in favor of getting a tractor, but wow, to have one go sign the check for you and arrange delivery? Congrats on all fronts!