Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #11  
Re: Thinking \'Bout Selling the B7500

Your trying to turn to sharply. You may to change your style of cutting around trees and stuff from circling them to taking side swipes at them and then looping out and back in from another direction. I am not completely sure a BX or any such unit will completely solve that. A zero turn like a Hustler will. There is a consumer model for under 3,000 dollars called the FasTrack with 52 inch deck---real heavy built. I suggest maybe you consider that. You might be able to get one in a year or two or even now and keep your 7500 as well--only 3,000ish dollars--come on--you need both now don't you? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif --lol---a BX with turfs ought to cure 70 percent of your problem. J

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #12  

If you're concerned about the 3-point lift height you may want to check this out BX High Lift Kit. This should eliminate most problems with the 3-point.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #13  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am a little leary, though, with the height problems I have heard of with some 3pt implements - mainly posthole diggers. With the Pride rear blade I have, I would anticipate no problems, other than the 72" being a little wide for the BX. Yea 3crows... you told me right... you told me right... )</font>

Why even think of buying something that makes you make statements like this /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif?? G

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #14  

If you are concerned about the outer adge of your tires, maybe a tire shop can shave the outer edge of your tires. They shave race tires, maybe they can shave your tires. Just an idea. If a man likes 90% of his tractor, than fine tune it to like the other 10%. Look in your mmm manual and try to re-set your deck up. It won't cost a thing. May be it can help.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #15  

How about selling the MMM and buying a lawn mower for the next few years in case you still move up in property size...........just a thought.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #16  

I thought of buying a MMM a while back so I would get a better cut but after I put some thought into it and the trees in my yard I decided to buy a Zero turn cub cadet 44" cut and it cuts like a dream and in less than half the time. My B7500 is still used alot but just not for mowing around the yard.
I would say keep your B7500 and sell the MMM to someone who has a big open yard and put your money toward a good zero turn mower and then you will have the best of both pieces of equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Donny from Georgia

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #17  

How about using your small riding mower for the cutting near the bushes and such. Use the 7500 for the open areas.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #18  

Robert, for your size acreage ... that machine is too big in my opinion.

If your land is relatively flat, dollars would be much better spent on a gas 2wd hydro machine with a mmm. If you must have a diesel, the low end B1500 type of machine will cut great without tearing up your yard.

I've seen some haphazard BX class operators make a mess of their turf as well.

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #19  

Why is it surprising to anyone that a huge tractor kills the grass /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. There are two kinds of people here, those who thin that anything that is sorta green is a lawn and those who think only bright green fescue or St Augustine without ruts, bare spots and dead smushed areas is a lawn. I, unfortunately, fall into the later catagory. Therefore my unpopular anti-large tractor for mowing stance that among several other things assures me I will never be the TBN prom king. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I will say it again, if mowing is the LONG TERM major use of your tractor buy as small a tractor that can accomplish most of the heavier tasks. Hire the remainder out--OR---live with a shoddy lawn. That is simply the physics of 1500 to 2500 lb tractors on fescue. J

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #20  

Sorry, another thing, if you insist on using a huge tractor you can reduce the damage by mowing less frequently--ie--leaving the grass longer. Aeration and good fertilizer and a drag behind harrow also help stimulate new growth. OR--plant wear resistant grasses like Bermuda and live with a brown lawn 9 to 10 months of the year or explore buffulo grass but again it stays mostly brown. I like green myself. J