Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #41  
Re: Thinking \'Bout Selling the B7500

Interesting. I've had a Kentucky 31 lawn for 6 years now and have had lots of luck with it. It's extremely hearty and drought resistant but it does take a while to get established and it doesn't starve out clover (but Weed-B-Gone does). Let me know, 3 Crows, what problems you've had with it.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #42  

Interesting that you planted what many consider a weed /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I don't have K31 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. If you read some information on fescue you will see that many types of fescue are available that are more disease resistant, clump less, have a brighter green color, finer blade texture and are also more drought resistent. Such fescues are the Rebel family, Milineum and a host of others. K31 is by far the cheapest seed and is commonly available for many years. This is not a statement intended to hurt your feelings /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, it is simply horticultural fact, I cannot help it, K31 is not a grass of choice for most interested in a lawn according to my research on the subject. I planted a blended fescue grass that is mostly Rebel with some Melineum and some other cultivars as well. The problem with my lawn is heavy clay soil, virtually no water, wind, heat and cold plus bugs.
Clover, hmmm, I remember when clover was considered a lawn worthy component. Now most consider it a weed. I do have white clover planted in with the fescue on my side yard and red clover in the back four. Yes, weed control chemicals do not distinguish it from weeds which is probably why it is now considered a weed as well. I reference the book, The "History of Lawns" and "A Man's Turf".
We humans evolved on the grasslands of Africa, we like grass instictively. J

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #43  

No offense taken whatsoever! Your opinions/comments are direct, no frills, and seemed to be based on lots of experience. Just what TBN needs. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #44  

K31 is not all bad. The seed is cheap and so a lot of ground can be seeded for a fraction of the cost of area specific blended seeds. K31 is one of the very first widely available fescues. It is planted in great abundence and seems to be a tough grass. It's tendedncy to clump more than some other fescues makes it hard to mow evenly it appears. one thing about all fescues --ALL--it seems that you MUST put down sufficient seed to get good coverage as fescue is in fact a clump grass--All fescue will clump. You must also reseed periodically those inevitable bare spots caused by whatever such as our tractors mushing the heck out of the grass. It also sees to be sensitive to soil compaction more than the spreading grasses I am more familiar with. J

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #45  

Since the site does not have photos and I have not heard from these guys yet, does anyone have photos of this system in use.

also can I use my pats system with it.

the extra clearance would be great, but not worth what the pats does for hooking up.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #46  

Yep Zoomie, It worked for Moon! Though I've used my Kubota L3010 to mow for a couple years, the Scag Wildcat has now taken over those duties .... and lovin it! keep us posted when you find one.
Moon of Ohio