Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Thinking \'Bout Selling the B7500

I have a B7500 that I really love, but am thinking about maybe making some changes... maybe to a different model. I wish the 60" MMM cut a better cut. It always seems like I get a rough looking cut after I am done. I do not know if it is due to the weight of the tractor flattening the grass before the mower, or the ground-contact style mower. Don't get me wrong... it really cuts well, but I don't get the results I had hoped for. After spending the cash on the MMM, I think I could have gotten the same results with a RMM, and had the versatility (or ease) of removing the RMM when using the loader instead of the chore I have with the MMM. In addition, the front tires really chew up circles around the flowerbeds I have around the trees in the front yard. It looks like a dog has been running circles around the trees fore years and worn the grass away in a six inch wide swath. I've tried tire pressure changes, 2WD, 4WD, slower speeds, etc... but no difference. The wife is a little unhappy with me after I spent $$$$ for this fancy tractor, and the old garden tractor did a better job. Should I have gone BX2200 with the suspended deck?

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #2  
Re: Thinking \'Bout Selling the B7500

I will say that the cut from the BX2200 60" deck is superb. I noticed it looked a little shabby this year and so I went through the setup. After I was done (one of the front jam nuts was loose) it is right back to lookin fine as wine!

The BX is a little rough on the grass compared to a little simplicity etc, but not bad at all. I really feel it is the best balance for the lawn size I have. I was considering something bigger, but I've not yet decided. I am gaining 3.2 acres and I am thinking that really it is a "I want one" thing.

Given what you just said, I should probably stay put.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #3  

The issue you have is exactly what is keeping me from buying another B7500. I had one a few years back and loved it. BUT, my needs now require a nice looking lawn, and I think the BX series will fill the need. Now a real sell job will be to trade the B7500 in on a BX23, and then you pick up the Backhoe, and a nicer lawn cut. Try working that angle.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500

Yeah, I think I was a little foolish to go B7500. We have always thought that we would go from just under 2 acres to at least 5, but now that has changed. I'm thinkin' the BX2300 is the way I'm going to persue. At 79 hours on the clock, I'm afraid I'll take a bath on the 7500. But then again, being mint, maybe it'll turn a buck. The dealer I bought it at is useless for anything. Support? None. So. I'm sure he'll take me. I'll try another dealer. One other dealer offered me $7350 (sight unseen) for the tractor alone, so I figure he may give me $10,500 with the 60" MMM and the LA272 Loader. Unfortunately, that 10k figure is what one of the used tractor links is saying for the tractor alone. Right now, I see BX 2300's with 60" MMM are about $9900. If I can Yes, no loader, but I can wait a bit for that if needed.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #5  

Don't say ol'3crows did not tell you right. Yep, they will wear the grass from around the trees and such. Do you have turf tires--if not that will help a bunch I bet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Yep, you gonna get soaked on a trade probably and getting the BX without a loader as a package deal will mean later when you buy one you will get soaked again /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. J

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #6  

RobertM,

Are you already running turfs? If not, maybe you could trade your wheels/tires in and not get hurt too bad. The same could be said for your MMM trading in on a RFM. If you like the tractor maybe just a little fine tuning will make it work for you.

Also, if you mow the same direction in the same tracks every time, you'll get those marks. I have a little Kubota T1670 lawn tractor and due to the design of my lawn, I have to mow certain areas the same way every time. If I mow full strips the same direction every time, I have strips where the tires mash the grass down that are easy to see until the grass recovers. I get around this by mowing a half strip, then I have an offset every other mowing. I guess my point is that the 2230 might tear up your lawn just as much as a properly setup 7500.

Surely mowing in 2wd at slow speeds on the corners doesn't hurt it nearly as bad as top speed in 4wd. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've got turfs now, but the outer edges are so square that they cut on a turn. They actually leave black circles on my asphalt drive when I turn. It's like the tread separates on a turn and pulls the grass out, too. Sometimes the outer edge of the tires actually have grass sticking out from between the treads. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I wouldn't get a BX without a loader just for the reason you stated, but with the 0% financing, I could break even at least if I dumped the conventional loan on the B7500 for a Kubota-Financed BX at 0%. I am a little leary, though, with the height problems I have heard of with some 3pt implements - mainly posthole diggers. With the Pride rear blade I have, I would anticipate no problems, other than the 72" being a little wide for the BX. Yea 3crows... you told me right... you told me right...

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #8  

I've been pricing various new and used models for about 6 months and don't live too far from you (St Charles). I'm curious which dealer you bought from. The two by me are Payline and DeKalb and both have excellent reputations.

One of the models I'm looking at is the B7500. I mow 5 acres of pasture, 1 acre of unfancy lawn around the house. Since it already has circles around the trees from the dogs chasing the horses, tire marks wouldn't be a problem.

I would be interested in talking to you about how much you want for your machine. Why don't you get a couple trade in allowances from dealers and figure out what you want for it. Send me a private message if you are interested in talking.

/ Thinking 'Bout Selling the B7500 #9  

I don't think you will get tanked on a trade. You should be able to get $11,000 for your set-up. If you consider taking 7850...heck I would pay that and re-sell it....my point is...you cannot find a B7500 with loader and midmount for under $10K used. So don't sell yourself short.

Thanks BotaGuy. That's what I thought. there is no way I'd consider dumping it for the $7000 figure. I like it too much to lose that kinda cash! Besides, it's not like it's plowing up my yard, it just is more tractor than mower and now that we might stay on the lot we are now on for a few more years, I really can get away with what a BX offers. I have even thought about trying the tires that come on the B7800's or B2710's as they have rounded edges, but the circumference is substantially larger and would probably mess up the mower float as the lift carriage would be pushed to it's limits.