BX23 Owners BX22 Owners

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #1  

BotaGuy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
How quickly do the 3 major items, the backhoe, loader and mid-mount mower attach and detach?

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #2  
Backhoe....... 5 minutes 38 seconds
Loader.......... 6 minutes 24 seconds
MMM............. 7 minutes 27.5 seconds with turf tires....... add 2 minutes 54 seconds for bar tires.

All times are estimates for a level ground operation by a experience and safety conscious operator that has read the manual numerous times and doesn't have a wife standing by commenting <font color="red">"What's taking so long!" </font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Your time may vary depending on your manual dexterity and weather conditions.......

Alright, I will be serious and tell you that all the above operations can be done is less than 5 minutes with a little practice. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #3  
Don't have the mower, but the loader and the backhoe come off as quick and easy as advertised.

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #4  
I think junkman is pretty close to what I say. I have not done the Nascar pitstop but the time are pretty close.

The MMM is the biggest pain for me.

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #5  
How fast or slow they come off or go on is usually dependant on how wide awake and alert you are. The FEL usually takes me only a couple of minutes in either direction...it's a piece of cake. The 'hoe takes a little longer, but only because I don't do it that often. The time also varies if you have the 3pt to put on or off, too. Easy job, but like anything, it takes a few minutes to do.

The MMM is the "hardest" to remove and install, only because it's a little more awkward to deal with. Using the FEL to lift the tractor a little while sliding it under or out makes life a lot easier and having a flat and smooth surface to do it on is even nicer. (I don't have the latter and have to do it on the stone driveway)

All in all...none of these things is hard or time consuming and whichever ones you do often will make for fast turnarounds just due to experience.

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #6  
Jim...... I have to agree with you on the 3 point hitch..... it is by far, the biggest pain to remove and reinstall. I was messing with mine for 15 minutes earlier this week because of a stuck bolt. I am going to try all quick hitch pins in the future. Overall, the machine is easy to work on and the only drawback that I find with the backhoe is that if you aren't careful when removing or reinstalling the sheet metal in the rear can get bet quite easily. I have learned to watch for that and I still have my original twist in the metal. Haven't made it any worse. The loader is the one that I haven't mastered yet. That takes me the longest because I haven't had it off but once.

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #7  
You might want to spend an extra few seconds when installing the mid-mount mower to be sure you have properly attached and secured the drive shaft to the spline or you may discover how fast the hydro filter can be detached. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #8  
Another advantage of the BX22/23 is that you can attach/remove any one of these 3 implements without monkeying around with any of the others (i.e., you can attach or remove the backhoe without removing the MMM).

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jim...... I have to agree with you on the 3 point hitch..... it is by far, the biggest pain to remove and reinstall. I was messing with mine for 15 minutes earlier this week because of a stuck bolt. I am going to try all quick hitch pins in the future. )</font>

The 3pt is just that with so many "moving" pieces it can be a little awkward, given only two hands being available! But like anything, the more often you do it, the easier it is. My 3pt is off all winter as I use the 'hoe for ballast. Putting it back on the first time in the spring is the tough one!

/ BX23 Owners BX22 Owners #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( (i.e., you can attach or remove the backhoe without removing the MMM). )</font>

True, but using the hoe with the MMM isn't necessarily the best idea since you tend to get into places where the MMM can interfere with manuverability. It's best to remove it when using the 'hoe. And just to cover the bases for anyone new to these machines, the FEL MUST BE ON THE MACHINE when using or even attaching the 'hoe. You need the weight balance it provides.