BX telescoping stabilizer replacement

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #1  

rossco

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200 / John Deere 5083E
I just got a set made for the B2710 like previous post suggested. My question is, most of the pics I've seen of these retrofitted show a bolt used to mount the flat stock to the tractor. Don't you need to use the clevice on the ends so they can move up and down independently of each other? Most of the time, I have my hitch arms at the same height, but can forsee adjusting these when I use my boxblade. For those who have made this modification, what are your thoughts?

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #2  
I think you are right. Here is a picture that someone posted that did it differently. I remember he had his brother-in-law fabricate what he needed to make both halves move independently.

I plan on doing something similar on my BX in the future...

Sorry I don't remember who posted this photo... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 420433-bxiind.jpg
    420433-bxiind.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 974
   / BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #3  
I don't understand the question, or the part....
I did the replacement on my B7500 and the part that attaches to the tractor, next to the drawbar is included in the parts list.

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement
The telescoping stabilizers are not made for the BX series, but with slight modification, can be retrofitted to replace the turnbuckles that they come stock with. On the BX, the attachment point on the tractor is one piece, not two different pieces. If these are mounted rigidly to this piece, the right lower hitch arm probably can't be raised or lowered without binding of the stabilizers. In the previous posted attachment, this person made his own independent mounting pieces to take the place of the one factory piece of metal. This looks to be the best solution, but I'm not sure I want to go to this much trouble. Will probably just have to use the stock clevices that are on the original turnbuckles.

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( On the BX, the attachment point on the tractor is one piece, not two different pieces.)</font>

This is not true for the BX22/BX23 (removable 3pt). Unlike the BX22xx, BX18xx and BX15xx, the portion that connects at the frame is in "three pieces" effectively. The lift arm adjusters mount to the center portion.

Jim Becker--- I would like to see a picture if you have one. My dealer doesn't currently have a bx23 on his lot. Could I put these parts on my bx2200 and have the setup I'm looking for?

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #7  
The 3pt on the BX22xx is not removeable and is different than that on the BX22/BX23--the whole rear end is constructed differently due to the 'hoe subframe, etc. That said, you can install the telescoping lift arm stablizers to the best of my knowledge. Attached is what my BX22 installation looks like.

Attachments

• 421001-k-links.jpg
    421001-k-links.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 657
   / BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #8  
Jim,

Unless I am missing something that looks identical to my BX2200... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I mean the original parts that remain after the installation of the B2910 parts...

Henro, I agree with you. The 3 point hitch assembly looks identical to my bx 2200. Some of the surrounding frame is different though. The plate that fits around the round stock and pins is exactly the same and that is the part that my question pertains to. Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of the flexibility issue. If it is not an issue, I'll just mount it the way everyone else is, but would like to hear if they have ever run the 3 point arms at different heights with the telescoping stabilizers.

/ BX telescoping stabilizer replacement #10  
Why not use a straight clevis and a twisted clevis back to back on each side? The straight clevis could be the original that's connected to the tractor, loop the twist clevis to it, attach the stabilizer to the twist clevis. This should provide the same independence as the original turnbuckle. Another thought - make the chain guy's day at home depot - buy two individual links of chain. Use the original clevis, one chain loop, another clevis, then the stabilizer. Repeat on the other side!