Lawn Aerators and weight for BX25

/ Lawn Aerators and weight for BX25 #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
Has anyone used a HD aerator on their BX25? I was wondering if the Everything Attachments 650lbs units are too heavy in real world usage. I know that is close to its lift capacity but like the idea of getting a 36" model so I can get in more places than I could using a larger tractor and aerator.

/ Lawn Aerators and weight for BX25 #2  
I have a Land Pride aerator that I have weighted to about 525 pounds.When I used it on a BX2360,with no FEL,the front end was very light to the point I wouldn't drive up slopes.I added about 100 pounds to front and it made quite a difference.I am thinking if you leave the loader and bucket on,you should be all right.With no loader,it won't really work safely.

/ Lawn Aerators and weight for BX25
Thank you and good point on the weight up front - didn't think of that on my quick assessment! May need to throw some weight in the bucket as we are all hills here or get some front weights and build a LOW bracket. Anyone running a 36" Everything attachments aerator? Thoughts?

/ Lawn Aerators and weight for BX25 #4  
I should have mentioned the light front end was only when moving with the aerator raised. The machine worked fine when it was actually aerating.

/ Lawn Aerators and weight for BX25 #5  
Has anyone used a HD aerator on their BX25? I was wondering if the Everything Attachments 650lbs units are too heavy in real world usage. I know that is close to its lift capacity but like the idea of getting a 36" model so I can get in more places than I could using a larger tractor and aerator.

I have that same unit and that is why I upgraded from the BX to the "B" series tractor. By the way the aerator is a good quality unit. I have used it several years now and never had a problem. Do remember to raise it before you turn or it will nicely rip the sod in your lawn

Thank you - I defiantly want a smaller one so I can get between trees, raised plantings, and other landscape items and your comment on making turns is great info.
I have a MX series machine but feel it is generally too heavy for most my work so that is why I wanted to run it behind the little BX. I can see where a B series maybe a better size for it but the last thing I need is another machine (so may say the wife - not me of course.....)

/ Lawn Aerators and weight for BX25 #7  
I use a 48" aerator that weighs around 300 plus I have a 60lb quick hitch then all of the concrete blocks on it. I forget what it weighs. I'm pretty sure I'm over 500lbs. I go up some pretty steep hills. My front end is a little light even with the weights. You will want to leave your loader on.

Thank you sir - I really like that size and setup. I am looking at all the models I can find, which model do you have and how do you like it?

/ Lawn Aerators and weight for BX25 #9  
It is a midwest. I bought it from a member used. It does pretty good job. One thing I don't like about it is the spoon wheels are hooked in groups of two. I wish each set of spoons could turn independently. I don't like all the concrete blocks up high for weight. It really raises the center of gravity. The EA aerator would do a better job since it is heavier and narrower. You might not be able to get close to somethings since it is narrower than the tractor. If I was going to buy one today it would probably be the 36'' EA.

/ Lawn Aerators and weight for BX25 #10  
For working close to an edge, a 36 inch implement would only have to be offset about 3 inches to line up with one side of a BX. I think that could be done with the turnbuckles on the lower hitch links.

Bruce