New 2601

/ New 2601 #1  

burk1953

Tractor
B2601
Upgraded from a B7510 to a B2601 w/ LA434 loader, RCK 69-32 MMM, B2765 Dozer Blade. I also replaced my old tiller with a RTR1258. So far the salesman was great, a little mix up for the quick attach for the blade.

Wishes. They would have given me a better tutorial on the new equipment. A lot of frustration taking off the mower and mounting the blade. I don't like the location of the hydraulic remotes, I can see many busted knuckles. IMG_0562.JPGIMG_0563.JPG

/ New 2601 #2  
Wow! That is a beautiful machine! Don't sweat the mower installation, after 2 or 3 times you'll be able to do it in the dark! The Kubota engineers did a really good job!

/ New 2601
After 10 years with the B7510 I never liked removing or installing the mower anyway. I need to weld hooks on the bucket and add a work light to the back.

/ New 2601 #4  
Congratulations on that great new tractor, burk!
Owning a B7500 I'm just curious what improvements/capabilities the B2601 offers over your B7510 other than the 3-speed hydro, 5 more hp, and position control, which by themselves are significant.

/ New 2601
I notice the power difference right away. The control for the loader valve seems to be a plus what little I've used the loader so far. The rocker foot pedal will take some getting used to over the heel and toe pedals. Hood and grill is all one piece, easier access to clean the radiator. New mount for loader, no bar to dent hood. Better placement of the left side controls. I always caught on the ones on the B7510 when getting off. Drive over mower deck, not sure, many have told me not to do it. I don't like the location of the front remotes.
More to come as I have more seat time.

/ New 2601 #6  
Congrats. Did you get front and rear remotes? Would you mind posting pics of the remotes? I haven't seen one with factory remotes.

/ New 2601 #8  
Thanks for the comparison more power is always a plus. I have caught the left side controls getting off as well and scuffed my hood with the crossbar so it's nice they addressed that. Where did they put the front remotes and where would you preferred they were?

/ New 2601
Behind the loader mount. They are out of the way but with my hands, hard to get to. They should be readily accessible, at least for my needs.