Chirping/squealing coming from L3901DT

/ Chirping/squealing coming from L3901DT #1  

Ryansweatt2004

Gold Member
Tractor
2017 kubota L3901 HST
Hey everyone, this is the second year I've owned my L3901DT and I've used it for everything from skidding logs to plowing snow. It's been a great and strong tractor overall. Strange thing happened last week after a snow storm though. I normally plow the bulk of the snow in 3-4 gear in low range. There was a small amount of snow left behind from the plow truck around the culdesac that I live on. I hooked up my 7ft rear blade like I always do and started winging it back in 2nd gear high range like I usually do for moving light snow but this time the tractor started squealing/chirping while in reverse pushing a light amount of snow. I was by no means loading it up and bogging the tractor down. The sound seemed like it was coming from between my feet like it was in the transmission or clutch area. It did it two times while plowing. I tried in low range and no issues. I tried just driving in that same gear in high range and no issues but unlike in the past, this time just a small load on the machine made it act up. I called my dealer and they said it might be the clutch and the only clutch adjustment on this tractor was the rod assembly for the clutch peddle. My clutch peddle is set to factory specs for free play so I know that's not the issue. The dealer also said I may be pushing the tractor too hard but then again this is something I've done many times in the past and the tractor has worked right through it like there was nothing there. What is everyone's input on this? Is there another clutch adjustment that I missed?

/ Chirping/squealing coming from L3901DT #2  
You check the water drain for the clutch housing? The little button below the clutch?

/ Chirping/squealing coming from L3901DT
No, this is the first I'm hearing on this. Looking though the owners manual I never read anything about that. I'll have to go out and take a look at it tomorrow though. Thanks.

/ Chirping/squealing coming from L3901DT
Just did a quick google search on the subject of clutch housing drain plugs and I'm surprised I never noticed it. Seems to be a common thing. I pressure wash the tractor a few times a year and rinse the dust/mud off at least once a week during the summer when it's being worked the most. I suppose if there's any water in around the clutch that could easily be making the chirping and squealing noise I was hearing.

/ Chirping/squealing coming from L3901DT #5  
I had a bothersome chirp like that for the longest time on my L3010DT. Only happened in high range when I was moving. But it would come and go too. Sounded like a water pump chirp in a 62 Chevy. Drove me nuts trying to find it. Then one day I took off the loader and all the engine cowls and viola the chirp was gone. I remember I figured out what it was, the loader mounts, or the rubber cowl gaskets rubbing/vibrating, but it was so long ago now that I forget which one it was. When I hear it now I just smile - it is no longer a worry. Been chirping for 14 years.

gg