B2601 temperature gauge

/ B2601 temperature gauge #1  

LarJea

Silver Member
Tractor
farmall h and Kubota B2601
The temperature needle on my B2601 only goes about a quarter of the way up in the summer and stays down in the cold marked area in the winter. Can anyone of you B2601 owners tell me what temperatures your gauge is reading?

/ B2601 temperature gauge #2  
On my B2650 I am getting similar temperature readings what your getting on your B2601,thats probably about normal I would imagine.

/ B2601 temperature gauge #3  
Same thing on my B3200.

/ B2601 temperature gauge #5  
Same on my B2601, it definitely runs colder than the B7510 did.

/ B2601 temperature gauge
Thanks everyone that's what I was hoping to hear.
I am going down to Kubota sometime this week to pick up a rear control valve for my B2601 and I will tell them about the gauge defect.

/ B2601 temperature gauge
Same on my B2601, it definitely runs colder than the B7510 did.

So you think the motor is not getting up to temperature like it should?

/ B2601 temperature gauge #8  
The dealer didn't seemed to be surprised or concerned.. I haven't had the opportunity to use it much in warm weather yet but the last time I mowed the gauge never got as warm as the 7510.
I thought the 7510 ran warm. I've considered installing a regular temp gauge and not the C-H gauge that is on it now.

/ B2601 temperature gauge #9  
I think the tractor cooling systems are larger than they need to be in case of radiator clogging and heavy workload Etc. As others have stated, it is normal for it to run closer to Cold. The only time I have seen any of the Kubota's I have owned get more than 1/2 way on the gauge was when the radiator and/or screen was getting plugged up with debris. That was a sign I needed to stop and clean the radiator prefilter screen and/or the radiator itself.

/ B2601 temperature gauge #10