Kubota BX2230 and BX2370 starter

/ Kubota BX2230 and BX2370 starter #1  

Enlacepr

Tractor
Kubota NX2230 and BX2370
Hi to all:

I have two Kubotas, a BX2230 and BX2370 and they are in two separate locations about 100 miles from each other. I have a problem with the starter of the BX2230 and my question is: can I use safely the starter of the BX2370 in the BX2230, while I fix the starter of the BX2230?

Thanks for your comments.

Abel

/ Kubota BX2230 and BX2370 starter #2  
According to Messick's parts diagrams the 2230 and 2370 starter is the same part number (19269-63010) so they should be interchangeable.

/ Kubota BX2230 and BX2370 starter #3  
i had the same problem with my bx 1830 2005 600hr and i took off all the wire going to the starter and grown that goes on the frame little rust and battery and clean them with wire brush and put them back on and problem fix

/ Kubota BX2230 and BX2370 starter #4  
Abel
How do you know the problem is the starter?

It could be in the wiring and you would travel 100 miles, put the other starter on and still have the same problem.

If you give us a bit more information maybe we could suggest you go with other possible things to check before you replace the starter. Bring the other one with you but before you change it.......

Dave M7040

/ Kubota BX2230 and BX2370 starter
DaveM7040, It could be the wiring or the starter, It just happens that the BX2370 which s working fine is were I am, and the the BX2230 is the one 100 miles away. So I'am trying to play it safe and having all what I need at the other site. I will be checking all the wiring and connections below the seat and other points before dealing with the starter.

George2615, thanks for the information.

mjym, thanks for the tips, I inttend to do so, before trying with the starter.

/ Kubota BX2230 and BX2370 starter #8  
Enclave,
I'll be visiting Arecibo in March! Be nice to get away from the Cold!!
Good luck with your tractors!!
Cheers,
BN

/ Kubota BX2230 and BX2370 starter #9  
DaveM7040, It could be the wiring or the starter, It just happens that the BX2370 which s working fine is were I am, and the the BX2230 is the one 100 miles away. So I'am trying to play it safe and having all what I need at the other site. I will be checking all the wiring and connections below the seat and other points before dealing with the starter.

Great, your original post sounded like the starter was all that you were considering.

This trouble shooting guide from Denso for starters, if you have even a cheap multi meter, can save a lot of work cleaning connections that don't need it.

http://densoautoparts.com/sites/default/files/tech-tips/DENSO Starter troubleshooting tips.pdf

Dave M7040

/ Kubota BX2230 and BX2370 starter #10  
Agree with the other comments above. I would add that I have a BX2200 which had a symptom "nothing happens when you turn the key." It might have been the starter or the "bendix" engagement mechanism, etc. However, there have been several threads on TBN discussing failure to start issues on the small Kubotas and one of them helped a lot. In my case I took loose all wires (both ground and 12v side) from the starter back as far as i could get, sanding the surfaces, cleaning up connections, and tightening bolts/nuts. Result was everything works great and there was nothing wrong with the starter or related devices. I did not have benefit of the trouble shooting guide Dave mentions above. I did not have to mess with anything more than a foot or two from the starter, nothing up inside the chassis or under the seat.
You haven't gone into detail about what happens when you turn the key but if the answer is "nothing" I'd go over the wiring and connections first.
By the way -- I'm guessing out loud that you relate to the Radio Astronomy Observatory there at Arecibo ? I was there with a telemetry standards group years ago. Fascinating place.