Mowing Kubota BX Dump Grass Catcher

/ Kubota BX Dump Grass Catcher #1  

stuarth

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2670
Any companies make a Compact Dump Grass Catcher for the BX series?

/ Kubota BX Dump Grass Catcher #3  
Look at the Protero, looks interesting.

PV 18 Kubota New PTO Blower - YouTube

Kubota sells one in Europe but not here.

David

On my BX2230, I have a converted JD hopper arrangement like the one shown in the youtube video. Dad has used my tractor with that setup and has pointed out it is top heavy. We are looking for a bagging unit for his BX2230. I can agree with top heavy. I feel I need front weights when going up slight inclines. Guessing my hopper is half again bigger than Protero's. Something to think about. Jon

/ Kubota BX Dump Grass Catcher #4  
I use the Kubota 3 bag PTO driven bagger on our BX2200 for leaf removal and it is a savior. I could not begin to take care of our place without it. Not cheap. I think it was near $1600. Does not have the dump feature but that would not work where I dump my leaves anyway. Yes, it is heavy and my FEL is more than adequate balance for it. I had not seen the European model in the You Tube clip before -- very interesting and seems very similar to the bagger except for the dumping. In fact, as I go back and look at the European one, it uses a PTO driven blower off to the side which looks like a copy of the one used on the Kubota bagger.

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX Dump Grass Catcher #5  
I use the Kubota 3 bag PTO driven bagger on our BX2200 for leaf removal and it is a savior. I could not begin to take care of our place without it. Not cheap. I think it was near $1600. Does not have the dump feature but that would not work where I dump my leaves anyway. Yes, it is heavy and my FEL is more than adequate balance for it. I had not seen the European model in the You Tube clip before -- very interesting and seems very similar to the bagger except for the dumping. In fact, as I go back and look at the European one, it uses a PTO driven blower off to the side which looks like a copy of the one used on the Kubota bagger.

I don't have the loader on when picking up leaves. Too ackward. Bad enough compensating for the hopper out the back around things. Don't need to worry about the loader out the front. Jon

/ Kubota BX Dump Grass Catcher #6  
I don't have the loader on when picking up leaves. Too ackward. Bad enough compensating for the hopper out the back around things. Don't need to worry about the loader out the front. Jon

I know what you mean, and of course it is awkward. I have adapted to it and can miss a tree or a corner of a building by 2" any old time. However, might I suggest a more sane solution: The bucket comes off the frame rather easily. Just find/make/devise yourself some sort of heavy weight that will mount to the FEL frame holes in place of the bucket. If that were, say, a slab of iron it could well be close enough in to the front of your tractor as to not protrude further than the front tires.

/ Kubota BX Dump Grass Catcher #7  
I know what you mean, and of course it is awkward. I have adapted to it and can miss a tree or a corner of a building by 2" any old time. However, might I suggest a more sane solution: The bucket comes off the frame rather easily. Just find/make/devise yourself some sort of heavy weight that will mount to the FEL frame holes in place of the bucket. If that were, say, a slab of iron it could well be close enough in to the front of your tractor as to not protrude further than the front tires.

Just bought Jery Dunn's Tach-N-Go this winter. So I may try dropping off the bucket and leave the FEL arms on. Jon