Dirt Moving M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket?

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket? #1  

gpajimbo1180

Tractor
Kubota M7060
Just bought an M7060 in December. I am looking for a toothed bucket or tooth bar to do some light digging... culvert pipe and some re-contouring so I called my local Kubota dealer to see what they had. The parts manager told me that "they" don't recommend putting a toothed bucket on Ag tractors because the frames are too weak to support it. I am a little surprised at this and was wondering if anyone had any details or support for this claim one way or the other?

Thanks!

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket? #2  
No tooth bar here....but I've had two different M7040 with toothed grapples. Done a lot of grubbing of trees etc. I've have zero problems. I'd go for it.

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket? #3  
I have an M7040 and I use both a toothed bucket and a grapple. Zero issues so far, but I don't push it as hard as I can because I don't want problems.

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket? #4  
I cant see that a toothed bar or bucket would put any more strain on a FEL than a straight blade. Either should be able to take the full force of all 4 wheels spinning in dirt. A toothed bar makes digging much easier so there is actually less strain on the bucket and FEL frame.

I would say that your parts manager is totally ignorant or just plain stupid to even suggest that their tractors were too weak to use a tooth bar. I would go further and say that he likely doesn't even know what one is if it isn't in his parts book. I wouldn't put much faith in a parts counter guy to know anything about the actual tractors. Many of them don't even know much about their parts.

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket? #5  
With all the above said, an FEL isn't your best tool for digging but can be used for light removal of dirt. Other attachments are much better for digging.

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket? #6  
have a Woods hd toothbar on my 6' bucket (8540) for 9 yrs now. plenty of use excavating/ boulder removal. never a problem. if a toothbar compromises the overall power train on an M series, something's seriously wrong. my suggestion...get the heaviest duty toothbar you can find.
M series is the cat's a _ s for durability. on this subject, believe your service rep is mistaken

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket?
Thanks for the replies. I was surprised to say the least when I heard that!

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket? #8  
I think I might be looking for another dealership where the parts manager might be a bit more knowledgeable. I have a tooth bar on my M6040 bucket and have used it for eight years with no problems. My previous tractor had a tooth bar for 25+ years with no problems.

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket? #9  
Ya,that parts guy is all wet.I have had a tooth bar on my L4240 for quite some time.Order one on line.

/ M7060 Frame Not Strong Enough For a Toothed Bucket? #10  
Hmmm maybe we should warn this dealer??? Lol Screenshot_2017-02-04-17-18-40-1.png