Anyone know the weight of M7040 loader brackets without the frame and bucket?

/ Anyone know the weight of M7040 loader brackets without the frame and bucket? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Does anyone know the weight of the brackets and stuff that stays on the tractor after the leader is removed? I have seen this number somewhere on the TBN but after an hour of searching can't find it. My goal here is to make sure I don't overload my trailer when I put an M7040SUHD on it with cast centers and an 8 ft cultivator. I know the whole loader weighs 2007 lbs but that's all I can find. Thank you.

/ Anyone know the weight of M7040 loader brackets without the frame and bucket? #2  
Can't help on the bracket weight but hope you have at least a 12K trailer. I'd suspect your tractor, loader and cultivator are pushing over 8K in weight.

/ Anyone know the weight of M7040 loader brackets without the frame and bucket? #3  
Unfortunately, my OP manual gives all the weights of everything EXCEPT the brackets. However - George has an excellent point. My tractor with grapple, loaded rear tires and rear blade, tips the grain scales at 9688#. Take off the grapple @ 820# and the rear blade @566# leaves - - 8302#.

/ Anyone know the weight of M7040 loader brackets without the frame and bucket?
Not taking the loader along but the brackets have to go. Trailer is 12K but truck rated 10K and just trying to keep load on the lower side so I can maybe get another piece of equip on there or maybe some seed. Someone here posted a site a while back that had all the loaders and brackets broken down separately.

Trailer weighs 2800 lbs and truck rated at 10K so that leaves 7200 of load to go. The 7040SUHD weighs 4608 and add 575 for cast center difference for a 5,183 total. With 7,200 of cargo minus that 5,183, it leaves 2,017 of additional weight to go. I would guess the loader brackets at 500 but I could be way off. If they were 500, that would leave an additional 1,517 lbs of weight to go. That would work as long as the brackets sort of weight what I think, or hope they do.

/ Anyone know the weight of M7040 loader brackets without the frame and bucket? #5  
My Op manual lists M7040@ 4675#/2WD & 4805#/4WD. That's the dry weight - I figured fluids/fuel/lubricants add 350# to mine. Looking at my brackets - I would guess around 450# to 500#.

I presumed the weights given were "field ready" with oil added?

/ Anyone know the weight of M7040 loader brackets without the frame and bucket? #7  
I was told by the dealership that it was dry weight - but who knows??? The only thing I will say - its the only way, after weighing the tractor on the grain scales that I can back into the total weight. Otherwise, the tractor or grapple or rear blade or rimguard filled tires are a whole lot heavier than listed in their own OP manuals/spec sheets. And, wow, if the grain scales at ADM, are off that much - a whole lot of somebodies are being robbed. ADM told me the grain scales were +/- 20 pounds.

/ Anyone know the weight of M7040 loader brackets without the frame and bucket? #8  
I weighed the M7040SUHD with cast centers and fluid in the rear tires and the LA1153E loader brackets on a truck scale. (no loader arms/bucket)

It was 7300 lb

8260lb with LA1153E loader (no bucket)
8860lb with LA1153E loader and 78" HD material bucket.

I weighed the M7040SUHD with cast centers and fluid in the rear tires and the LA1153E loader brackets on a truck scale. (no loader arms/bucket)

It was 7300 lb

8260lb with LA1153E loader (no bucket)
8860lb with LA1153E loader and 78" HD material bucket.

Very good information. So, if the tractor with loader on weighs 8860 and the tractor with no loader but just the brackets weighs 7300, that's a difference of 1,560 lbs and would be the weight of the loader arms, bucket, etc but not the brackets that stay on the tractor.

So, if the loader in total weighs 2007 lbs, that means the brackets weigh 447 lbs (2007-1560=447) and that sounds about right. .

Thank you very much Farmer 495.

Last edited:
I was told by the dealership that it was dry weight - but who knows??? The only thing I will say - its the only way, after weighing the tractor on the grain scales that I can back into the total weight. Otherwise, the tractor or grapple or rear blade or rimguard filled tires are a whole lot heavier than listed in their own OP manuals/spec sheets. And, wow, if the grain scales at ADM, are off that much - a whole lot of somebodies are being robbed. ADM told me the grain scales were +/- 20 pounds.

Yes, it appears to be true that tractor weights given in the books are "dry" weights with no fluids added. I figured this out by comparing the scale weight of my M6800 and it was around 200 lbs over the posted weight in the sales material. In addition, I found another tractor that I know the weight of and same thing, 200 lbs.