Sad story of Kubota TnT

/ Sad story of Kubota TnT #11  
Not quite getting this, is this a new tractor last fall with cylinders leaking problems, or add on aftermarket cylinder issues? either way good luck.

/ Sad story of Kubota TnT
Not quite getting this, is this a new tractor last fall with cylinders leaking problems, or add on aftermarket cylinder issues? either way good luck.

My new L4060hstc with TnT gear I ordered with the new tractor from the dealer suck & are all sorts of problematic. I ordered the tractor just before Thanksgiving & got it a little after Thanksgiving. However the TnT gear I ordered with it didn't show up until about a week ago.

My old L3200 (sold just before ordering my new L4060 )with aftermarket valves & TnT cylinders from FitRite worked great.

/ Sad story of Kubota TnT #13  
lol & I'm complaining that mine aren't bulky enough. TripleR, are your's OEM Kubota TnT cylinders? They look beefier than mine more like 2.5" like I had on the L3200.

Other than my not so great hose routing, my L3200 TnT looked great. In retrospect the grey isn't a perfect match to OEM Kubota grey, at least in this photo, but it's close & orders of magnitude better than what I have now.

View attachment 498648

I told my dealer I wanted OEM as I had previously picked up a hydraulic top link without specifying OEM for my L5030HSTC and it was smaller. The wait time back then, July 2012, was only about a week and I had my tractor all set up in under ten days. Mine initially leaked down too quickly, so they picked it up, replaced the remotes on the tractor and checked the cylinders. I still get some leak down over time, but it is not enough to be bothersome.

I told my dealer I wanted OEM as I had previously picked up a hydraulic top link without specifying OEM for my L5030HSTC and it was smaller. The wait time back then, July 2012, was only about a week and I had my tractor all set up in under ten days. Mine initially leaked down too quickly, so they picked it up, replaced the remotes on the tractor and checked the cylinders. I still get some leak down over time, but it is not enough to be bothersome.

Definitely a matter of degrees. My FitRite gear TnT (cylinders & valves) would leak down over a mater of days (in hot weather maybe 3-4). Almost annoying, but not really. You adjust everything when you start up anyway. Very acceptable, unlike 6" of drift in under an hour. An inch an hour would make me unhappy, but I might be able to live with it.

I expected my OEM remotes to be closer to the same league as the OEM loader valves. My loader won't drop any noticeable amount in a month.

/ Sad story of Kubota TnT #15  
The cylinders have to function properly, sounds like the dealer is going to make it right. I'd say don't worry about the color, when your tractor is 2 or 3 years old you might not care much. I can see why you'd prefer Kubota grey, but hey, its a tractor.

The cylinders have to function properly, sounds like the dealer is going to make it right. I'd say don't worry about the color, when your tractor is 2 or 3 years old you might not care much. I can see why you'd prefer Kubota grey, but hey, its a tractor.

I completely agree. Just irritated about the minor things to go along with the fact the important stuff doesn't work either. It kind of goes to the whole quality of the unit though, compared to what you should expect from Kubota.

Need to give them a call & see if they have any verdict yet.

/ Sad story of Kubota TnT #17  
"My new L4060hstc with TnT gear I ordered with the new tractor from the dealer suck & are all sorts of problematic."

Now when I think TNT, I'm thinking of something I'd like to use on something that doesn't work right. So is the tractor it self ok or are you talking about this tractor acceseray>>> TNT-2 Gearbox | Universal Motion Components ?

"My new L4060hstc with TnT gear I ordered with the new tractor from the dealer suck & are all sorts of problematic."

Now when I think TNT, I'm thinking of something I'd like to use on something that doesn't work right. So is the tractor it self ok or are you talking about this tractor acceseray>>> TNT-2 Gearbox | Universal Motion Components ?

Hydraulic Top & Tilt Cylinders, usually abbreviated to TnT. Replaces your 3pt toplink & one of the side links so you can adjust them from your seat. The greatest tractor accessory since sliced bread. There are several photos of them previously in the thread.

/ Sad story of Kubota TnT #19  
The Kubota dealer wanted to sell me a hyd top cylinder when I bought the tractor new. At that time, I did not understand/appreciate the advantages. When I finally wised up - I went with a 3" FitRite top cylinder. Had it three years now and not a moments problems. May have cost a bit more but not having any problems is a huge advantage.

/ Sad story of Kubota TnT #20  
I completely agree. Just irritated about the minor things to go along with the fact the important stuff doesn't work either. It kind of goes to the whole quality of the unit though, compared to what you should expect from Kubota.

Need to give them a call & see if they have any verdict yet.

Let us know what the dealer does. It will be interesting to see how far they go to make it right for you.